Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Christmas dinner

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am beating my own drum here but the roast pork I done today is the best roast I have ever done. Sadly having read hitony's thread it kind of doesn't matter now.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The ghost of Linda McCartney fake beef MIT shallots. I'd made beef for the visiting flesh eaters, so mine was cooked first and two hours cold because of it. Tasty though, when warmed by a thick layer on onion and garlic gravy.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
We are having traditional turkey but wife is roasting a gammon in cider and honey then taking it up to sons for Christmas dinner. 17 of us. Trouble is sons mother in law is Irish so his wife has been brought up with the family to have mashed potato with their roast potatoes and roast dinner plus sweetcorn which I find strange. I suppose that it is really no different to those who have Yorkshire Puddings with every meat instead of only with beef as is traditional.

Passing through Limerick many years ago I noticed Spag Bol on the menu of a town centre pub. Delighted to have something different the waitress returned in true Mrs Boyle style with a question. So will ya be having yer tatties, mashed, bolied or roast?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Passing through Limerick many years ago I noticed Spag Bol on the menu of a town centre pub. Delighted to have something different the waitress returned in true Mrs Boyle style with a question. So will ya be having yer tatties, mashed, bolied or roast.

Nooooooooooooo!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Passing through Limerick many years ago I noticed Spag Bol on the menu of a town centre pub. Delighted to have something different the waitress returned in true Mrs Boyle style with a question. So will ya be having yer tatties, mashed, bolied or roast?

Limerick- aka "Stab City"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here