Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How are you getting to Chelsea?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All of the parking (both permit and pay and display) by the ground is free on Boxing Day in Kensington and Chelsea, so don't understand why you would pay for a space 2 miles away.

Bound to be a permit holders space closer than that (and free)

Same in Hammersmith & Fulham. (Hopefully) no need to pay. If I can’t get parked, I might have a hissy fit, though!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seagulls travel. Leaving shoreham at 10:55. That’s fine Witt me, should get there by 1 / 1:30, plenty of time to find a pub :)

Doing Seagulls Travel for the first time from Burgess Hill, leaving at 11. Haven't a clue how many more pick ups after that so got no idea how long it will take.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Doing Seagulls Travel for the first time from Burgess Hill, leaving at 11. Haven't a clue how many more pick ups after that so got no idea how long it will take.

Only used the ST bus a couple of times (from BH), usually went via Haywards Heath. Probably stop en route (Cobham most likely perhaps) to avoid getting there too early......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ChelseaProgramme_2030.jpg

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Is this 100%??

Where is best to park please

If I was driving I would park either in or around Lucan Place, which according to Google maps is 1.4 miles from the ground (in a North Easterly direction). My daughter lives very near there and there is always plenty of pay and display parking spaces at the weekends (wouldn't expect Boxing Day to be any different). I believe Foolg is correct in that pay and display parking will be free on a bank holiday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All of the parking (both permit and pay and display) by the ground is free on Boxing Day in Kensington and Chelsea, so don't understand why you would pay for a space 2 miles away.

Bound to be a permit holders space closer than that (and free)

Was only trying to be helpful... c'est la vie.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So best to just drive to postcode of the ground and find a nearby street? Is it that easy

Yep. Pretty much been my plan for the 70+ stadiums I’ve visited and haven’t failed yet!

Just don’t leave it too late. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here