Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deli Alli

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A bit Paul Scholes-esque, perhaps. Prodigiously talented but occasionally prone to pulling a shocker of a tackle out of the bag.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A bit Paul Scholes-esque, perhaps. Prodigiously talented but occasionally prone to pulling a shocker of a tackle out of the bag.

A bit like this...?

CdOJJZJWoAEMqjS.jpg

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A red?! If that was a red then football might as well become a non contact sport. Both players went in strong, he didn't jump in, and was just going to block the ball. Charlie Austin should've been sent off. Pure filth

He may as well have gone for the tackle after the game had finished. He was that late to it. The ball was gone and he showed a disregard for the opponents safety. He was off the ground, studs up. I don’t honestly know how anyone can claim it shouldn’t have been a red.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A cheat and he's going to break someones leg soon.

been going on for years, Johnny Giles, Graeme Souness, Paul Scholes, to name a few, all liked to leave their mark on a game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a mate I used to play park football with many years ago, ok I know things have changed in this day and age. He was prone to the odd stinker but he was by no means malicious. He was just a hard tackling midfielder that gave his all in a match, sadly sometimes it got him sent off, but he had absolutely no malice. Perhaps this is the same of Alli? I don't know, I don't see enough of him playing. Thugs come in the shape of Barton or Roy Keane who deliberately go out of their way to hurt people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a mate I used to play park football with many years ago, ok I know things have changed in this day and age. He was prone to the odd stinker but he was by no means malicious. He was just a hard tackling midfielder that gave his all in a match, sadly sometimes it got him sent off, but he had absolutely no malice. Perhaps this is the same of Alli? I don't know, I don't see enough of him playing. Thugs come in the shape of Barton or Roy Keane who deliberately go out of their way to hurt people.

This was as bad as a Roy Keane assault. Check out 37 seconds in:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He may as well have gone for the tackle after the game had finished. He was that late to it. The ball was gone and he showed a disregard for the opponents safety. He was off the ground, studs up. I don’t honestly know how anyone can claim it shouldn’t have been a red.

Dyche seemed to think it wasn’t a red, I see the turning or a potential England match winner has started again.

As for some saying it’s a dive? Pah clear pen.

He’s not been in the same form as last year, but instead of being backed he’s slammed by a media.

The same media that then wonder why our England players don’t give a shit.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Dyche seemed to think it wasn’t a red, I see the turning or a potential England match winner has started again.

As for some saying it’s a dive? Pah clear pen.

He’s not been in the same form as last year, but instead of being backed he’s slammed by a media.

The same media that then wonder why our England players don’t give a shit.

Excellent post. The way fans/media turn on players is a disgrace - the old 'build them us so you can knock them down again scenario'. Basically 2 nothing decisions blown out of all proportion by 24 hour TV coverage.

Personally I love Dele at Spurs and hope he stays with us for many more years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apart from his hideous diving on Sunday , a video has been released of Mr Alli getting noshed off by a buxom young wench.

Another career going down the pan
So footballers aren't supposed to have sexual relationships?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tremendous player. Deserves a ban for the dive and it would probably do him some good. As usual we build players up and then take great delight in ruining them. He's not playing as well as in his breakthrough season. So ****ing what? Kid is a real talent who will only get better as he matures. He needs slowing down a bit, especially with this diving nonsense but hes not the 1st and won't be the last. Scholes and Gerrard put in some naughty challenges in their day. Owen would hit the deck if a bird flew past. They all have their failings...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here