Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo at the end of the game

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Stop speculating and rumours won't escalate.
Jesus, it's not that hard is it?
Negativity breeds.
You start these stupid, needless threads, it has an outcome, fs!
Sort yourself out, be positive!
Don't dig, cheer!!!

Negativity breeds. Indeed it does! It is not the thread that is the problem but a player who is extremely miffed.He should take a lesson from BFG.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both Solly and AK have got lo learn very quickly that they have a right foot and should use it occasionally. Granted it wont be as strong or accurate as their left but even kids at school learn to kick with both feet and they both had ample chances to put the ball in on their weaker foot but chose to get back on their left and lost the ball in the process. Solly won many balls and tackles then f.....d it up by losing it again getting it on to his left foot or not clearing the danger area..

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
What are his strengths? I'm struggling to see them, gets the ball, cuts inside, what else does he do?

He has pace and can shoot with both feet. He likes to play quick 1-2 passes to get through (we havent been getting the ball back to him quick enough) and use his pace rather than take on players like knocky and March. We will give him time to fit in. I also dont see anything wrong with him wanting to play more and not wanting to be a bench sitter which OP is complaining about.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Watched Isquierdo when he warmed up on the touchline a few times. Barely bothered to warm up properly and spent most of the time standing around and watching the game. Didn't look like he a/ wanted to come on b/ thought he would actually get on. I would like to like him more but what we've seen of him doesn't look like a £13/16 (keep hearing differently) million player to me. Hope he can come good though and he is unfairly criticised.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Felt for him. March was particularly wasteful going forward yesterday - I can only remember one decent delivery in 90 minutes which Hemed should have buried. Other than that he made the wrong decisions far too many times. He was excellent defensively though. Really would have suited us Izquierdo coming on with 25 minutes and showing that electric pace on the break. He does also work hard defensively.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He should have replaced March or Knocky with 30 mins to go imo. 2 mins was just a time wasting tactic. We don’t play to his strengths and I understand why he might be a bit pissed [off] , as both our wingers had very average games going forward. Shame our wingers are defenders first and attackers second.

Perhaps if we had gone 2-0 ahead he would have come on earlier. At 1-0 though I agreed with CH keeping the defensively minded wingers. March especially had a fantastic game.

I was more perplexed at the number of times we got in behind the Watford back four and why SB didn’t get a run out. Hemed through on goal 35 yards out is about as useful as Anne Franks drum kit.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Stop speculating and rumours won't escalate.
Jesus, it's not that hard is it?
Negativity breeds.
You start these stupid, needless threads, it has an outcome, fs!
Sort yourself out, be positive!
Don't dig, cheer!!!

Yeah! Just like this post. Be positive. Or we could be like a battery and have both positive and negative.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps if we had gone 2-0 ahead he would have come on earlier. At 1-0 though I agreed with CH keeping the defensively minded wingers. March especially had a fantastic game.

I was more perplexed at the number of times we got in behind the Watford back four and why SB didn’t get a run out. Hemed through on goal 35 yards out is about as useful as Anne Franks drum kit.

In what respect? I agree about SB and couldnt understand why he wasnt given a chance. If he is fit enough for the bench he is fit enough to come on when needed.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We have 3 good wingers and they will be rotated.
Yesterday I though he should of got on earlier
Knockaert although a bright spark was bloody frustrating yesterday. At times over did it far to much.
March bar 2 good crosses seemed to lack the confidence to go at players. Needs to believe a bit more and be more decisive. I thought he was poor yesterday
Not sure why people don’t rate Izquierdo. 2 goals so far, more than the other wingers with less game time, great pace and isn’t scared running at or in behind people. Needs to have the confidence to go outside as well as inside the player and deliver balls but if he can do that and work on that he would be our best wingers.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Agree ref Sam but March was Not fantastic. I’d say linked well with Suttner who did have a fantastic game but didn’t get at his man nearly enough. Passing was poor and bar 2 good crosses didn’t contribute a lot to the game. Seemed to me it passed him by a lot

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We have 3 good wingers and they will be rotated.
Yesterday I though he should of got on earlier
Knockaert although a bright spark was bloody frustrating yesterday. At times over did it far to much.
March bar 2 good crosses seemed to lack the confidence to go at players. Needs to believe a bit more and be more decisive. I thought he was poor yesterday
Not sure why people don’t rate Izquierdo. 2 goals so far, more than the other wingers with less game time, great pace and isn’t scared running at or in behind people. Needs to have the confidence to go outside as well as inside the player and deliver balls but if he can do that and work on that he would be our best wingers.

I must be an advocate for the oft abused double "oo" too. Spell it correctly!

Now back to your regularly scheduled message board.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Agree ref Sam but March was Not fantastic. I’d say linked well with Suttner who did have a fantastic game but didn’t get at his man nearly enough. Passing was poor and bar 2 good crosses didn’t contribute a lot to the game. Seemed to me it passed him by a lot

Sorry, wasn’t clear. I was solely referring to March’s defensive work. Agree attacking wise there was room for improvement but I can see why CH didn’t change anything. Perhaps “fantastic” wasn’t the right word.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was suprised did not come on for last half hour as March was terrible. Fed up praising his defensive work. Need him to produce in attack. Hope I am proved wrong but looks out of his depth. Once he didn't look up and crossed to 4 defender in box with no albion player near. Another time was in a great position to cross but realised couldn't do so with right foot so laid it back

theboybilly

He can't complain. Solly March got crosses in and put in a shift. Izquierdo hasn't given us a game like that.

THe vast majority in WSL (myself included) wanted Hughton to take Solly off. He was losing possession far too often and leaving Suttner exposed. I felt we could easily have lost a goal to this. At least Izquierdo can put a tackle in. He deserves more game time than Solly at the moment IMHO

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He should have replaced March or Knocky with 30 mins to go imo. 2 mins was just a time wasting tactic. We don’t play to his strengths and I understand why he might be a bit pissed, as both our wingers had very average games going forward. Shame our wingers are defenders first and attackers second.

If he is a bit pissed then he shouldn't be playing anyway, surely. Needs to lay off the drink if he wants more game time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He has pace and can shoot with both feet. He likes to play quick 1-2 passes to get through (we havent been getting the ball back to him quick enough) and use his pace rather than take on players like knocky and March. We will give him time to fit in. I also dont see anything wrong with him wanting to play more and not wanting to be a bench sitter which OP is complaining about.

I'm not complaining, just asking the question, which you have answered, which makes me think we watch parallel games.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Izquiredo will get his chance again. Games Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Monday. CH needs to rotate right now. Expect him to start at Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here