Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What is your film of the year ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Anyone who has Baby Driver in their top pics of the year knows absolutely nothing about Films .. you have been warned :shit:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
LOVED Victoria and Abdul. Secured 2nd place. Looking forward to this next year from the Master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

I hope it's good. Lincoln and was alright, Bridge Of Spies pretty good ..... but I haven't really been grabbed by a Spielberg film since Munich .... and that was more than 10 years ago.

And I'd probably have half a dozen of his films in my top 50

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope it's good. Lincoln and was alright, Bridge Of Spies pretty good ..... but I haven't really been grabbed by a Spielberg film since Munich .... and that was more than 10 years ago.

And I'd probably have half a dozen of his films in my top 50

I agree in a way. Spielberg's last masterpiece was probably Munich. That was very underated and a magnificent film. Bridge of Spies was good but his opus was Schindler's List 24 years ago now. Hope he has another in him

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I agree in a way. Spielberg's last masterpiece was probably Munich. That was very underated and a magnificent film. Bridge of Spies was good but his opus was Schindler's List 24 years ago now. Hope he has another in him

If he makes another film anywhere near as good Schindler's List he can give himself a pat on the back, put his feet up, watch Lawrence Of Arabia and justifiably consider himself to have outdone David Lean.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If he makes another film anywhere near as good Schindler's List he can give himself a pat on the back, put his feet up, watch Lawrence Of Arabia and justifiably consider himself to have outdone David Lean.

Spielberg will never beat this film to be honest. I think it will always be what he will be remembered for

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spielberg's masterpieces for me will always be

Schindler's List - 1993
ET The Extraterrestial - 1980
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 1977
Saving Private Ryan - 1998
Jaws - 1975

Many other amazing films but it will always be these 5 for me

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Spielberg will never beat this film to be honest. I think it will always be what he will be remembered for

I'll always remember it for my idiot girlfriend looking at my bookshelf and excitedly telling me that he was making a film called Raiders of Schindler's Ark.

Although, in fairness, that sort of confusion may have been why they changed the name.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Schindler's List - 1993
Jaws - 1975

Nearly the same here, but AI instead of SPR

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
New contender for the worst film I've ever seen.......The killing of a sacred deer.
I genuinely have no idea what me and the Mrs have just spent the past two hours watching.
The acting was horrendous, the story was non existent, not a single thing about this film would make me recommend it to anyone I liked.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Schindler's List - 1993
Jaws - 1975

All great films, but I would add to the list AI (great ending) Jurassic Park (there's a reason they keep making more of them) Indiana Jones ( entertainment without thinking too much) War Of The Worlds(scene where you see the aliens are what I would imagine)

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All great films, but I would add to the list AI (great ending) Jurassic Park (there's a reason they keep making more of them) Indiana Jones ( entertainment without thinking too much) War Of The Worlds(scene where you see the aliens are what I would imagine)

How can that list be complete with out the first three Indiana Jones films?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here