Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What is your film of the year ?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Blade Runner 2049' was the first film I went for repeated cinema viewings of since 'There Will Be Blood'.

I'm intrigued to see how it stands up watching it at home. I saw it 3 times on #1 screen at the Komedia and it was stunning.
.....and really ****ing loud

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Euro anal babes, volume 27

The criticism of Blade Runner 2049 for misogyny is nothing compared to that which should be levied at 'E.A.B. 27'. The character development of 25 and 26 is sadly lacking..

.....and one of them had a spotty arse

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not much really got me this year.

But I'd have to say it's Roman J. Israel Esq. for me.

Denzel Washington is excellent in the lead role.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Luckily not been to the Cinema this year in fact thinking about it I have not seen any films on TV either

What an odd post

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You miss out fella. Nothing better than seeing a truely great film at the cinema with a collective audience. Last one I saw that really had an impact was Schindler's List in 1993. Everyone at the end were just sat in their seats at the end in shock and awe of what a film can do. Cant remember a reaction like that since
I was genuinely depressed by that film. Still distinctly remember the girl in the red dress. Surely one about Nicholas Winton has to happen?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seen at Cinema - Hidden Figures
Netflix - Mudbound

Turkey of the year - Dunkirk
Too many inconsistencies, why where the Germans taking pot shots at that trawler until it was 3 miles offshore?. Why was Kenneth Branagh's senior naval officer stood on the end of a breakwater for days without his support staff?

And how did that spitfire fly for about 15 minutes without any fuel and how did Peaky Blinder's Cillian Murphy become such a wuss?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Only film I saw in the cinema this year was "It", and that left me hugely disappointed. Just didn't get it at all. Not sure how true to King's novel they kept the script but I left the screening feeling somewhat underwhelmed.

Plan on watching Dunkirk and Star Wars in the near future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here