Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connor Goldson

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Eh ?

Did you see him yesterday ? I like Solly, I hope he can play his way back into form, and you can never criticise his workrate. But by christ, he stunk the place out yesterday and has been a bit off colour for a few weeks now.

Played better yesterday than the week before imho :moo:
...but then I definitely wouldn’t say ‘’far to well to be dropped’’

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s only one game but from yesterday’s performance Goldstone offers more than Duffy in my opinion. I’d like to see him have a run to see him play against different teams to see if this was a one off or playing like yesterday in the Premiership is the true level he can perform at.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So, no place in the side for our excellent wingers Knocky, Jose and Solly then. Hmmm....interesting.

Don't think much of this sudden shout for playing three centre backs just because we've got three good ones (actually, we've got four, but never mind that now). We've had three good wingers all season - so, using the same logic as playing three CBs because we've got three good ones, why haven't we played with three wingers?

Goldson has given CH a decision to make, though.

Chelsea play with 3 centre backs and still find room for Hazard and Pedro. A 3-4-3/5-4-1 hybrid like Chelsea could work.

Ryan
Goldson Duffy Dunk
Bruno Stephens Propper Suttner
Groß Hemed March

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea play with 3 centre backs and still find room for Hazard and Pedro. A 3-4-3/5-4-1 hybrid like Chelsea could work.

Ryan
Goldson Duffy Dunk
Bruno Stephens Propper Suttner
Groß Hemed March

I like that set up, possibly with a bit of personnel tweaking. Sadly though, I doubt the lads have had one training session this year to be able to carry it out.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In the 2015/16 season I thought he was immense and showed all of the qualities we saw yesterday on a consistent basis. It was one of the reasons there were a few raise eyebrows when we spent £3m bringing Duffy in (who has gone on to show what incredible value that was)

I hope we keep him here as would be an excellent dunk replacement when he inevitably moves to a bigger club

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd go with 'most' by a comfortable majority; the idea was mooted on NSC, and there were few, if any, voices raised against it.. And maybe the club didn't loan him out for the same reasons as we didn't get a striker in August - the necessary deals to make it happen didn't go through.

There's no 'maybe' about it. He was due to go on loan to Ipswich until Brugge decided they couldn't loan us the player we wanted because one of their other defenders was taking longer than they expected to recover from an injury. CG was apparently very disappointed because he wanted to play regularly rather than having the occasional EFL Cup and under-23 run-out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's no 'maybe' about it. He was due to go on loan to Ipswich until Brugge decided they couldn't loan us the player we wanted because one of their other defenders was taking longer than they expected to recover from an injury. CG was apparently very disappointed because he wanted to play regularly rather than having the occasional EFL Cup and under-23 run-out.

Cheer! I didn't know that but suspected something along those lines might have been planned. That's the claim that the idea of Connor going out on loan was a load of nonsense well and truly debunked, then.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here