Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connor Goldson

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I would absolutely start him against Chelsea. He was fantastic today. Having not made a league start in 11 months, to make your Premier League debut and look so assured was very impressive.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Delighted for him after what he went through last season. Good choice for MoM. Sutner good too and our midfield dominated, winning lots of 2nd balls. Great all round performance worthy of victory by a bigger margin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goldson did more than enough to keep his place for Chelsea.

Would send a very poor message for Duffy to waltz straight back into the squad after a MOTM performance from Goldson.

Would that be the same Duffy who has been a freakin rock since August and currently leading the league in shots blocked?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Top performance from Goldson today, he's proven himself more than capable at this level.

I strongly believed he should have gone out on loan in the summer to play regular games, that was the thought process behind it and a lot of us felt he needed to get as much first team experience as possible and then step back into our first team next summer. We definitely needed to have 4 good centre backs, despite how it's turned out with Dunk and Duffy playing every game before today. I feel a bit sorry for both Goldson and Hünemeier who are both having to watch from the outside when they're both capable of playing at this level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Easily MOM today. Sutter also looked good. March however had a stinker

Agreed. A good team performance that deserved more but my mate nicknamed him "Sorry March" because of the number of times he apologised for losing the ball. Saw lots of possession - did sod all with it other than losing it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And played with a smile on his face..well done CG

IMG_0184.jpg

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think we should play 3 centre halves, our strength is our center backs so why not , then our 2 centre midfield players can push further up the pitch , which should make us stronger in central midfield , therefore creating more chances , as we will have more of the ball

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
March may not have been overly successful attacking wise, but his defensive work today was immense. Goldson to keep the shirt for me, outstanding today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Needs to start vs Chelsea. Duffy can rest off his Christmas meal.

D

Deleted member 2719

Love this lad, hope he gets the nod for Chelsea.

He needs the break let's face it, he grab the opportunity today and ran with it!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
9/10 today. Imperious and not overawed in facing PL stars/cheats like Richarlison.

The fans talk in August about sending him out on loan in August and getting a PL quality CB in as cover, was nonsense.

That was official BHAFC talk, not fan talk.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Magnificent today. His Premier League debut, and he took to it like a duck to water. Positionally sound, his anticipiation of the pass to nick it in front of the forward, and displayed a range of passing I never even knew he had. One ball in the first half he pinged 60 yards over to (I think) Gross on the left flank was simply epic. And a blood-and-guts aggressive, perfectly timed THUDDING challenge in front of the North Stand that wiped their player out, but only for a corner. What a lovely player he is.

He's class.

I think he's been taking lessons from Dunk, fantastic cross field passing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And the tosser sky commentator on the stream kept calling him Goldstone, I was getting an irritation rash.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whilst I don't want to distract from CG's performance thought Dunk had the hard work and dealt with it superbly to me LD was MOTM but it could easily have been Sutner, Gross, Propper or Stephens who all put in excellent games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good shout that! Suttner and Bruno both capable playing wing back roles.

So, no place in the side for our excellent wingers Knocky, Jose and Solly then. Hmmm....interesting.

Don't think much of this sudden shout for playing three centre backs just because we've got three good ones (actually, we've got four, but never mind that now). We've had three good wingers all season - so, using the same logic as playing three CBs because we've got three good ones, why haven't we played with three wingers?

Goldson has given CH a decision to make, though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was brilliant to see Connor get MOM today, even if it was against a Deeney-less Watford. His distribution is better than Duffy 's too, centre back is not a problem for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here