Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's the best place to buy sausages?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't anyone go to supermarkets anymore ?
Yes, I do. And, to be honest, sausages don't taste anything like as good as they did 50 or so years ago! Although even back then, I strongly suspect my dear old mum bought them from Sainsbury's.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Another shout for The Brighton Sausage co. Quite handy if you are using the train from or to Brighton today. Don’t recommend smuggling them into the match though. Bangers not allowed.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sensational sausages in George Street used to be excellent, unfortunately big Tesco did for them. Shame.
The new Brazilian grocers in Church Road a pretty good for spicy ones and for a good honest normal banger for normal people Rogman in Farm Road are bang on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Germany.

3088922-ein-halber-Meter-Wurst--Herz-was-willst-du-mehr-0.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Also for me it depends on the purpose of the sausage/cost to meal ratio

I wouldn't have any qualms with putting cheaper snags on a sandwich with some HP for breakfast or on the side of a full english as its either a cheap snack or not a mainly sausage .based dish so lowest common denominator an own brand/aunt bessies can work (not the same as bacon or eggs where cheap always = shite)

If its for a casserole, toad in the hole, bangers and mash then more investment is essential

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Make your own. Not difficult and way better than anything you can buy.

I cannot agre with this. I use several old school butchers, the have all been making their own sausages for decades. They have acces to the best meat and the knowledge to know what tondo with it. I challenge any non- butcher to do better at home.

By your logic your sausages you make at home are brilliant, none better available yet if I eat one of yours it'll not be good because I didn't make it in my home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here