Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice Gesture from the club a beer and some grub v Newcastle

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...stive-cheer-for-travelling-albion-supporters/

Brighton & Hove Albion will be providing all 2,200 travelling supporters making the 700-mile round trip to Newcastle United, a special voucher for a "pie/hot dog and a soft drink/bottle of beer” on arrival at St James' Park.

The club was keen to reward Albion supporters for their continuous backing of the team, in what is one of the club’s longest away trips of the season.

Albion chief executive, Paul Barber, said, “The fixture calendar wasn’t too kind to us for this particular away game between Christmas and New Year but, despite this, we will still be taking over 2,000 supporters to Newcastle, with some fans boarding coaches very early on Saturday morning and not returning back to Brighton until the early hours of New Year’s Eve.

“Our fans have provided great support to Chris, his staff, and our players on the road all season, but this very long road trip at an expensive time of year and in challenging travel conditions, represents an extra special effort to get behind the team for an important away game, so we wanted to make a small gesture as a special thanks to our travelling supporters.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...stive-cheer-for-travelling-albion-supporters/

Brighton & Hove Albion will be providing all 2,200 travelling supporters making the 700-mile round trip to Newcastle United, a special voucher for a "pie/hot dog and a soft drink/bottle of beer” on arrival at St James' Park.

The club was keen to reward Albion supporters for their continuous backing of the team, in what is one of the club’s longest away trips of the season.

Albion chief executive, Paul Barber, said, “The fixture calendar wasn’t too kind to us for this particular away game between Christmas and New Year but, despite this, we will still be taking over 2,000 supporters to Newcastle, with some fans boarding coaches very early on Saturday morning and not returning back to Brighton until the early hours of New Year’s Eve.

“Our fans have provided great support to Chris, his staff, and our players on the road all season, but this very long road trip at an expensive time of year and in challenging travel conditions, represents an extra special effort to get behind the team for an important away game, so we wanted to make a small gesture as a special thanks to our travelling supporters.”

That's disappointing. I'd prefer red wine. Bloom OUT!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

That's cool, I guess at around 12-15k GBP, not huge in football money but that's a really cool gesture

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'll probably need it after the 140 steps up to the stand!

Mind you, my round trip is only 250 miles, so I'm not 'making the 700 mile trip'. Will I only qualify for a small pie??

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'll probably need it after the 140 steps up to the stand!

Mind you, my round trip is only 250 miles, so I'm not 'making the 700 mile trip'. Will I only qualify for a small pie??

Drive to Brighton, then make the journey up to Newcastle before coming back to Brighton and finally returning to Cumbria.

This should guarantee you a regular size pie and drink.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here