Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Would you be happy if TB sold the club if it guaranteed survival? Or do you prefer a scrap

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Not in a million years would I be happy if TB sold the club to guarantee survival.If have said this god knows how many times but I would rather be a winning team in the championship than a struggling team in the premier league.The Problem with that is to be a winning team in the championship means that you cannot make any money.How many teams that are struggling in the championship have changed ownership with the belief that success is guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How rich is Bloom? Is he rich enough? Can he afford to continually throw £tens of millions each year at his hobby?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How rich is Bloom? Is he rich enough? Can he afford to continually throw £tens of millions each year at his hobby?

He is Mr Cool as far as I'm concerned. I suspect he is amazingly rich. And smart. And totally blue and white. My guess is he has a strategy to make us a success, like he makes everything a succss. With humanity and humility. And patience.

Honestly, its like having Batman as chairman. Sussex Batman. Bruce Wayne of Brighton.

Meanwhile. Parrish is a joker.jpeg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To his credit though, Parish is a Palace fan, it was his consortium that stepped in to save their club when no-one else wanted to. The one thing that I don't understand about how he runs that club though is that he is also the de facto Chief Executive. One reason Bloom is virtually bulletproof is that he leaves the day-to-day management to Barber. What with his other interests, he hasn't got the time to spare anyway. Parish clearly has his heart in the right place for the club but given his recent comments regarding the De Boer appointment that he was bored with all the interviews, he could make his life a whole lot easier with handing over that sort of stuff to someone else. He'd cop a lot less flak too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To his credit though, Parish is a Palace fan, it was his consortium that stepped in to save their club when no-one else wanted to. The one thing that I don't understand about how he runs that club though is that he is also the de facto Chief Executive. One reason Bloom is virtually bulletproof is that he leaves the day-to-day management to Barber. What with his other interests, he hasn't got the time to spare anyway. Parish clearly has his heart in the right place for the club but given his recent comments regarding the De Boer appointment that he was bored with all the interviews, he could make his life a whole lot easier with handing over that sort of stuff to someone else. He'd cop a lot less flak too.

Fair enough. I can't resist a cheap shot. :lolol:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think people should understand that TB is a very rich man & I am talking billions.He wants us to be self sufficient as we all do.
We spent a few seasons before we got promoted trying to comply with FFP whilst not knowing what the penalties might be for breaching FFP.So he may have invested bigger than he did at the time if that wasn’t the case.We must also remember
that it doesn’t matter how much money you offer for players they still have to want to play for you whilst keeping harmony amongst the squad.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I would rather us be playing hoof ball in league two with someone owning it who understands the history culture and a is a fan, then have some Russian with a lot of money but could not give two hoots about the above. I would still go and watch us in league two, I know that, because I did when we were there. But if we sold our sole to win the champions league, I would not be interested one bit.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bringing in foreign investors has worked well for Swansea, so yes, let's do it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Guaranteed survival is not staying in the premier league.Survival is having a football team to support.I think it is better to go down than spend years doing everything to stay up
before the inevitable happens.Villa & Sunderland are prime examples.They had 2/3 managers a season & paid average players stupid money with the hope that they could help them stay up.Normally older players who used to play for big clubs but are past their best & still want big wages.So they had enormous squads full of poor players that the manager didn’t want.If they had stuck with their managers & accepted their fate & if they went down then so be it.You can then start again knowing what players you want to keep & who you don’t & where you need to strengthen.The longer you spend struggling near the bottom of the league the more it becomes the norm so becomes so much harder to get out of.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon only Bloom and his accountant are the ones who can answer that so, in answer, we'll never know but I've posted on another thread what I have heard:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...n-in-2016-17&p=8250879&viewfull=1#post8250879

I don’t know why people, over and over again, keep talking about Bloom ‘getting a return on his investment’........I don’t think for a second he is doing this to make money. He’s got far better money-making opportunities at his disposal if that’s what he is looking for. He clearly loves the club, and through his own work he’s got himself in a position where he can bankroll the club. He’s also a smart businessman, so also seems to be using his business nouse in wanting the club to grow in a steady and sustainable way.

We’re beyond lucky to have a blue and white-bleeding owner with a monumentally large pile of cash that allows him to do what he is doing.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Bloom may be super wealthy but is he Man City or PSG wealthy?

Enough money to finance Champions League football?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'd like to think that when TB is in one of Albions boardroom meetings, he may have some downtime.
Instead of the usual throwing of the fifty pound notes at each other, he may peruse through NSC from time to time.
To which he comes across a thread where people are questioning him if he will sell out to an overseas investor.
I wonder what he is really thinking, perhaps WTF!
Tony Bloom is as much Brighton and Hove Albion through n through as the proverbial Brighton rock.
Jeeeeeez :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloom may be super wealthy but is he Man City or PSG wealthy?

Enough money to finance Champions League football?

No, of course he isn’t. No other clubs are City or PSG wealthy. Their owners have bottomless moneypits (but their owners aren’t fans, they’re investors).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here