Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Would you be happy if TB sold the club if it guaranteed survival? Or do you prefer a scrap

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I want Tony Bloom to be our owner/chairman and I want CH to be our manager. This year, next year, and for many years after. If that means we're in the Championship - fine. I'd rather not be; unlike a lot of others I love (almost) everything about the Prem, and ideally I don't want us to go back to playing second-rate football against second-rate teams in a second-rate competition.But that would be FAR better than being owned by people who simply want to own a PL team and aren't fussed as to which. All those owners use their PL teams as vanity projects, cash cows or as vehicles to launder money. No, no, no.

EDIT: But like Deadly Danson (and others) I do think it's a fair question to ask. Don't think the OP should be getting abuse just for raising it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to make the point that if you ARE involved in a relegation scrap but get out of it then it can do wonders for team morale and cohesiveness.

The season before Leicester City won the league they only crawled off the bottom with 7 games to go, having been there for the previous 19 matches.

We should not be afraid of the fight, indeed if we are to go to greater things then that side will most likely be forged in the heat of a relegation battle.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It's been said already.... We support TB and love his passion for the club. We are in this together , Chairman down to supporters.
I despise the corporate tax-write-off PR big business approach that foreign owners have. Keep the Albion that we know and love, whatever division we play in.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have supported club for years and the fact that our owners family have as well means a lot to me. When we were promoted was more pleased that Bloom had achieved his ambition then anything else. Cant say I would have felt same if we had a faceless owner. Who knows how we would feel but since Amex have felt by attending am supporting Bloom as well as team.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He'll NEVER sell.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
His pockets can be only so deep, the club needs to self sustain, maybe this season will be the first time that has happened, doubt it though

In answer to OP the answer is pretty much unanimous one would think

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'd say:
"Step back now while your dignity is still intact." are all pretty unpleasant. I'm sure nothing that anyone is going to cry over but totally over the top given the question.

I’m sorry, I feel I must protest at your criticism. I was offering kindly advice, as it seems the poster was getting themselves in a bit of a sticky mess, and I wished only to protect them from the baying hounds of NSC.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Have to say the hysterical reaction from some posters exemplify the worst side of NSC. The OP posted a hypothetical question, for the vast majority of us (including the OP it seems) the answer is very simple. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. It could very well be that one (terrible) day it happens, so nothing wrong with at least posing the question.

Had thought that TB might sell some of his shares anyway now the PL dream has been realised (assume he’s got 100%) to bring in additional investment without losing overall control?

Surely the best way for him to recoup some of his huge investment while still retaining control of the heart of the club and improving our chances of competing in the PL?

It’s unfortunate that the PL is so skewed by the huge sums now swimming around that most clubs are doomed to an annual dogfight to avoid relegation while the top 6 pull ever further away.

I don’t really care about becoming a super club but I would like us to be able to compete consistently otherwise every season becomes a bedwetters paradise and we wouldn’t want that would we!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Another way to word the question is - are Manchester City fans unhappy that their club is owned by middle-eastern investors?

And the answer is, no, they're very happy being top of the league with one of the best teams yet assembled in England.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well thinking about what i have seen on here over the past few months. Alot of people on here seem to think that clubs that have been sold to say Saudi's or Russians have lost their soul and identity.

Though sure it would be weird to have a massive injection of cash to be able to afford those luxury players to guarantee survival and perhaps give the big boys a run for their money. But would the club lose it's soul and identity?

Would you be happy to accept marque players and "sell" out or are you happy to battle it out in the potential relegation dogfight we might see ourselves in?

Your thoughts on the matter?

How dare you? Are you even human? It's Christmas time and until I read your vicious assault on our beloved chairman, I for one was looking forward to it, but since reading your,........your BILE!, I'm not sure I can go on enjoying the festivities whilst I know there are wicked people like you in the world. BE GONE!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We are very, very lucky to have Tony. Those who do come in and buy from abroad tend to just view their purchase as either another investment in which they can make money from or as an extra status symbol. Will be a very sad day if Bloom ever does sell up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Time to stop bullying the OP now, I would suggest. Its Christmas, FFS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here