Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Anyone going to burn the clocks tonight?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
On the face of it, it looks like a good night out. I'm sure some miserable scrote will come on here and have a moan that it upsets their commute.......oh

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was very good with thousands of people in brighton. We caught up with the parade by the town hall...really impressive Indian bangrah band, few samba bands and loads of people with fantastic lanterns, paper dragons etc.

Interesting that although it is a pagan festival, there was a huge Ganesh statue, a cockerel as it is the year of the cockerel and other " religious" symbols, but nothing remotely Christian.

Really poignant bit whilst the " clocks " burned, the pa guy read out names of people had died in the year.

Fantastic fireworks also!

This is what I love about brighton!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I clocked it walking along the seafront. Didn't have time to stop.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So to summarise:

A load of pretentious shit.

Good job you didn't go then. Loads of happy people wandering about and enjoying themselves ... hateful.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There were kids out having fun way after the acceptable time for kids to even still be awake. I've got in touch with social services and the NSPCA. Fingers crossed this subtle form of neglective child abuse never happens again!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So to summarise:

down.png

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I believe it was meant to finish by 8pm. The fireworks didn't start until 8:30 and several small children had already gone by then either because it was getting late or the kids were bored hanging around.

Good job you didn't go then. Loads of happy people wandering about and enjoying themselves ... hateful.

No clue what it even was until today. It's been a thing for a shorter period of time than the premier league it seems

I'm just surprised Lewes didn't do it first.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No clue what it even was until today. It's been a thing for a shorter period of time than the premier league it seems

I'm just surprised Lewes didn't do it first.

Didn't it actually start when the Premier League season had just begun in 1993? Definitely been going 20+ years.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It was very good with thousands of people in brighton. We caught up with the parade by the town hall...really impressive Indian bangrah band, few samba bands and loads of people with fantastic lanterns, paper dragons etc.

Interesting that although it is a pagan festival, there was a huge Ganesh statue, a cockerel as it is the year of the cockerel and other " religious" symbols, but nothing remotely Christian.

Really poignant bit whilst the " clocks " burned, the pa guy read out names of people had died in the year.

Hardly Pagan when it's there - in their own words - for everyone, regardless of faith and creed.

So to summarise:

Except this one - Pretentious Twattism.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Not Pagan, it is free from any religious affiliation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here