Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Anyone going to burn the clocks tonight?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh the irony! Of course god, the virgin birth and santa claus are all much more plausible. The burning of the clocks is based on SCIENTIFIC FACT - the shortest day of the year.

Ah, so burning the clocks will make the earth start tilting again so we get Spring and Summer? What happened to the millions of years when we didn't have clocks or Solstice mumbo jumbo to make the sun come back?

It's just a festival with kids enjoying making laterns, the parade and the fireworks. There's no religion or symbolism. It's just fun.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I did my own burn the clocks ceremony in Darlo. At first the neighbours weren't happy and then the fire brigade showed up. My wife was not happy that her alarm didn't ring this morning and the house smelled of smoke but it turned out really cool.

432868_stock-photo-burning-clock.jpg

police_arrest_1383846c.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No clue what it even was until today. It's been a thing for a shorter period of time than the premier league it seems

I'm just surprised Lewes didn't do it first.

Then you are clearly not a Brightonian. I didn’t go tonight but it is a terrific tradition enjoyed by thousands of people each year, long may it continue

I'm a Brightonian, but Ive never been, think it started a couple of years after I moved from Brighton.
I didn't know it was on until I saw the parade on the local news.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ah, so burning the clocks will make the earth start tilting again so we get Spring and Summer? What happened to the millions of years when we didn't have clocks or Solstice mumbo jumbo to make the sun come back?

It's just a festival with kids enjoying making laterns, the parade and the fireworks. There's no religion or symbolism. It's just fun.

I think you missed the point, someone pointed out this was made up nonsense which is ironic in that we are celebrating a virgin birth on Monday. I mean, as if.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here