Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swansea sack Clement

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why does Ryan Giggs always appear on these lists, when he never managed a club in his life?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Darn.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
And the star loan player from Bayern Munich who's so far managed to make Dale Stephens look like Glenn Hoddle.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
About 3 years ago Villa sold their best two players Delph and Benteke and went down

Last summer Swansea sold their best two players = same fate as Villa

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
They're very much the latest premier league zombie club. They have the Aston Villa/ Sunderland death spiral look.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
When we where up there the crowd where getting on the back of the managment and board, goodness knows how hostile its been up there lately.

Lots of talk about selling Sigurdsson and Llorente and not replacing them, but they also sold Jack Cork to Burnley who they could also really do with now.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Did we dodge a bullet here or are Swansea just a basketcase?

Clement seems to have a great reputation as a coach, but might not be a good manager.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did we dodge a bullet here or are Swansea just a basketcase?

Clement seems to have a great reputation as a coach, but might not be a good manager.

Sold Gifurdson and Llorente without replacing them... they probably look weaker up front then we do

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Sold Gifurdson and Llorente without replacing them... they probably look weaker up front then we do

Yep, two strikers, one is Abraham who doesnt look like hes up to the Premier League yet. The other being Bony, who hadnt completed 90 minutes for god knows how long when they re-signed him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fails at Derby, fails at Swansea and I bet he gets another job soon

Hardly failed at Derby. He only had 8 months there, they were 5th in the league and just 5 pts off 2nd when they binned him off.

Swansea have the look of a basketcase club these days, jumping from manager to manager, selling their prize assets, failing to replace them, and all the time expecting the incumbent manager to keep them afloat. Whoever takes over there is really going to have his work cut out.

As is often the case, the problem at Swansea isn't the bloke in the dugout. Its the buffoons in the boardroom.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Jones I think will at least see out a promotion for his CV, get some more experience, he's not really one to jump ship and is young.. I can see Luton getting back to backs. it would be a huge step up and a risk. He could probably do it though

Great opportunity for Giggs, he could do it easily and I think the :sheep: fans wouldnt mind it either

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know they are a relegation rival but I do think it's a shame Clement has gone, especially when you consider the dreadful monotonous manager merry go round we have to endure. They'll probably end up with another "safe pair of hands" playing tedious agricultural football which may or may not save them. I'm thinking Harry Redknapp or someone equally dreary, as if he's some sort of guarantee of safety and fast flowing football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here