Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Official Match Thread: who is and isn't working Christmas

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Will be working every single day over the Christmas period. Well actually, every single day till about April/May time.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’m finishing on Friday and then back to it on 2nd January. I’ve got a couple of gigs to do but that’s not proper work.
New Year’s Eve at The Six Bells Chiddingly if anyone is going.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starting a new job early next year, so off until then.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Finish Friday 5pm fly to Detroit Sat morning, fly home and arrive at Heathrow 6.30am straight home, drop the wife and sproglet then into work.

Stupid office lady has booked a health and safety thing for 3 hours from 8am, dumb idiot none of us start work until 9am anyway, I just don't get some people who the feck wants a boring health and safety seminar on the first day back to work and an hour early..... just completely retarded.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I break up this Friday at midday and back in on Jan 2nd 8am - probably like most in the building industry.

Those of you who are working unsociable hours over the xmas & new year hols, what is your employment? just find it interesting as to what type of jobs force the unsociable working hours.....

Telecommunications. Things break any time of the day or night (although far less things "break" over the festive period as there is a change embargo so no clumsy hands knocking things)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last went in on 15th. Back in again on 4th. But I will be doing bits and bobs at home in the interim.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Finished on the 15th not back until 8th Jan. First Christmas I had off properly (not on call etc) for 30 years

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Last Site day was this Monday and I don't strictly have to do anything as of today but that involves not getting £7K of invoicing out and also not doing any grading of several outstanding BSc/MSc Assignments for the University so realistically I will be doing bits and bobs all over Christmas.

Christmas Day and Boxing Day will involve seeing Mrs J's relatives who I don't particularly like and driving to see them so no booze on either day. This makes it particularly painful as I can't blot out their tales of trips to the Galapagos Islands, how well their children are doing and how much more money their house is worth since their extension - would be far happier getting some work done instead but hey ho. :(

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I wish you th very best of luck in making the move! I suspect the biggest change you’ll notice (unless you’re very lucky) is that nearly everyone in a design agency passionately believes in the power of design; nearly everyone client-side does not, with many thinking its a waste of money. There are exceptions, of course, Apple, fashion, furniture, architecture...

If you’re moving to an existing client, you’ll have been dealing mostly with the people who “get” design; they’ll represent perhaps 1% of the employee headcount.

I say this not to put you off - just to set expectations of the (likely) huge cultural shift you’ll experience. If you can get your head straight, you’ll have a blast! If not, you can always go back...

Have fun!

Thanks for the insight, and the good wishes!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Finishing at 2pm on Friday to go to our works do, and then don't come back until 2nd.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Last day in the office today, working from home tomorrow, until about, ooh, 9:01am at best, then off until the 3rd.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Off until the 3rd. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finish today for 2 weeks, time to reflect on a year of customers from hell

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
On Call/standby from 08.00 Xmas day for 24 hours.
If you have Pay as you go, British Gas meters please top up by Xmas Eve, as they only break when YOU touch them [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here