Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The one thing you will avoid on TV at Xmas

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
For the past 5 Christmases we have turned the TV off and instead sat around the table after eating, talked, drank, played cards or other games and had some fun.
Anything that we may have wanted to watch is recorded.
Later in the evening we sit down and watch a great Christmas movie.
It has improved our Christmas enormously.
There is rarely anything on Christmas TV that I feel I have to watch.

Couldnt agree more.

We abandoned the TV xmas years ago,just chatting and games are the key and wonderful fun.(along with plenty of booze)
Invested in one of those conference easels with the huge paper for a more inclusive pictionary type game is a real crowd pleaser.

Special moments with family like that cant be beaten.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Been through the whole thread and am surprised no one has mentioned the awful looking Andrew Flintoff thing where famous people sing their favourite songs or something like that anyway.

I saw a trailer for it the other day and can’t believe how bad it looked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thankfully that unending tale of bile and misery that is Eastenders as wife no longer follows it. Happy days.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can’t say I have ever made it through more than five minutes of this shit. Wasn’t there a film version which I’m guessing did very badly.

There was a film (or "fillum" in Mrs Brown's HILARIOUS parlance). Mrs H went on a cinema night with some of her mates but forgot to ask what they were going to see; she said it was so "fecking" terrible she'd rather have spent the two hours having an operation rather than sit through that load of old dog shit..

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
With the pull of seeing relatives on xmas day we have decided to celebrate on xmas eve so stockings in the morning followed by a DVD from Santa, this year Cars 3 while me and the missus make dinner. Eat around 1:00pm then games until bedtime. Everything that is broadcast is so awful I simply record MOTD and the odd comedy or panel show for shizzles

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will be Dr Who again.

it will be on our TV but (probably more to with the timing of the program) most of us always fall asleep as the Christmas lunch and red wine kick in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is anyone brave enough to own up to the shame of liking Mrs. Feckin' Brown's Boys? Or would the majority of NSCers prefer to own up to being a paedo (even if they're not!)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here