Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Favourite sweets at Christmas....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sugar mainly!!

Appears so. According to wiki it's a gel of starch and sugar. It smells and tastes like it's been sitting under a floorboard in Grandma's house for 30 years.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's After Eights or Terry's Chocolate Orange for me.

I read somewhere the other day that there is 68 spoonfuls of suger in a chocolate orange!

Anyway...... as you were.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like the Lidl dark chocolate. It's cocoa rich, just on the right side of dry and a full size bar is about 50p. For those who also like milky nuts they do a lovely milk chocolate and hazelnut bar, again full size and about 50p. Mrs The Clamp also likes maltesers so there will be a catering size box of those knocking around. I like chocolate but some types make me cough, anyone else get this?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0157.JPG

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Box of Quality Street for me, and some Ferraro Rochet.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
cm.jpg

Wow!! That just flashed me back to being 8 years old. My Dad was a printer, and one of his co-workers was a bit of a wheeler dealer who used to buy stuff en-masse and give it to his colleagues to sell on for a commission.

My Dad brought about a dozen of these exact machines home. The 'stacks' of those chocolate bars were 6 deep on the ones he had, with only 5 showing in the window......

Me being a devious little shit - I took the backs off all of them, took the bottom two bars out, and filled the gap with two little rectangles of cardboard from a box in the loft.

Some would call it devious. I called it a Christmas treat. :lolol:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It has to be chocolate liqueurs - the ones shaped like bottles so you can bite the top off and swig the liqueur down before eating or throwing away the chocolate bit.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It has to be chocolate liqueurs - the ones shaped like bottles so you can bite the top off and swig the liqueur down before eating or throwing away the chocolate bit.
Spit out the liquid more like

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Has to be the Scottish tablet - my mums friend makes us every Christmas - the heroin of sweets

97112EE7-02EC-4DFD-B8DB-272E0FA573A6.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here