Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Worst song ever by a respected artist/band

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont think Laughing Gnome qualifies as surely its done for a laugh. the winner though does feature Bowie...

Dancing in the Street. Bowie and Jagger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Much of Paul McCartney's post-Beatles career consisted of trite shite. I'm thinking The Frog Song, Mull Of Kintyre, just about everything Wings.

Wings. The band The Beatles could have been.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Got to be The Beatles with Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, hasn't it?

No it hasn't. Granted it's far from being The Beatles' finest, but it's not even in the frame for being their worst. Have you never heard Bungalow Bill? Now that is truly awful!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I had all singles from Soldier, Soldier onwards and then their first album as Athletico Spizz 80, even went saw them at Jenkinsons. Can't remember the name of the album, 1980 it came out, but without a doubt, every single track off that album was bloody awful, I don't know if they morphed in another Spizz name after that, but I never bought another vinyl of theirs after that abomination.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Old MacDonald had a farm - Elvis Presley

“Chicken fricasee” :lolol:

Holy crap, thats a winner.
But who on earth even remembers Elvis did that........did this haunt you as a child?

Im still going Wonderstuff and dizzy- worst sell out song in history for spanners that like a sing a long at a shitty xmas party

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
in defence of Laughing Gnome,if my memory serves me right I think this was recorded very early in his career and when he became a big artiste Decca released it to cash in on his name,I seem to remember he did not want anything to do with its release (apart from royalities)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am surprised that, after 14 pages, this has not yet been mentioned.

https://youtu.be/a8qE6WQmNus

I know it's a Christmas song and they are usually awful but, come on, this is Bob Dylan - the man who wrote "Señor", "Sad eyed lady of the lowlands", "Subterranean homesick blues" and "Desolation Row" reduced to this garbage

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Gossip Calypso by Bernard Cribbins... absolute dirge follow up to Hole in the Ground and Right Said Fred.

Not quite in tune with the trhread title though is it?
Unless I missed all his other musical catalogue :)
Thanks for putting the bloody song in my head though !

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Holy crap, thats a winner.
But who on earth even remembers Elvis did that........did this haunt you as a child?

Im still going Wonderstuff and dizzy- worst sell out song in history for spanners that like a sing a long at a shitty xmas party

I know. Shocking. His film career is littered with such gems.

Yes, it is a very bad childhood memory; good guess! I just couldn’t (still can’t, really) reconcile this sort of trite BS with the man who’d earlier been such a ground-breaking artist. The colonel has a lot to answer for.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I like the album! The Rover is a great track (IMHO)

The Rover is indeed a great song but it was on Physical Graffiti back in 1975 (possibly their Best Album, possibly Led Zeppelin III, can't make my mind up)

Still say In Through the Out Door should be deleted from their catalogue, or maybe just described as a John Paul Jones Solo Album, which essentially is what it was.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
' A merry jingle'' by the Greedies a combination of parts of the Sex Pistols and Thin Lizzy. Truely so terrible I dare not post a link. Even if I knew how to :) Google at your peril.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Totally agree with the 'Frog Chorus' and 'Yellow Submarine' . I think the 'Laughing Gnome' wins some points for a rare musical reference to Eastbourne.

I coud offer:
- 'Sloop John B': The Beach Boys from an otherwise sublime record
- 'Portsmouth' - Mike Oldfield; to think that those poor credit risks from Fratton used to run out to it.
- 'I Just Called to Say I Love You' - Stevie Wonder; how could this wedding dance dirge come from the same person that recorded 'Living in the City'?
- 'Rock Around the Bunker' - Serge Gainsbourg; shows what Pastis can do to your sense of judgement.

:rotlf: :rolleyes: :rotlf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here