Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Are you punching above your weight

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes. 100%. It's quite embarrassing really.

The other day I got one of those Timehop thingys which brought up an old photo. It was 10 years ago. I was 20 at Uni and my now wife had travelled that day to Southampton to visit me. She had just passed her driving test and it was her first time driving a motorway on her own. She arrived a nervous wreck....only to be met by a drunken Mejona who had been drinking red wine all day whilst cooking an xmas dinner for his course mates.

The first thing I did was ask her to get back in the car and buy some more wine. A completely dickish move. Horrible.

So, fast forward to the present day..... I'm sitting there last week holding our 10 day old daughter (our first child) and sitting next to my exhausted wife. My phone brings up a picture from the day 10 years ago. Me, a disgusting mess with red wine down my shirt and turkey grease round my face and her, lovely, sober, glowing and genuinely beaming.

The first 3 years of our relationship she paid to get me back from uni at weekends.....at which point I would go and watch Brighton or play Sunday league football. She would then drive me back to the station Monday morning.

She is far too good for me.

Many congratulations on your news of your first child. Daughters are great and when they get older, they keep you sane.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m very happy with my wife. She scrubs up well and is an amazing mum.
Fair to say, I’m punching.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There is only one answer of course

Attachments

• C9A36D1A-8706-4271-93E6-387453153362.jpeg
    C9A36D1A-8706-4271-93E6-387453153362.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here