Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ze Luis - offer rejected

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it OK to get a bit excited about this rumour?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Based on nearly everything I get my hopes up on usually turning out to be bullsh*t, I’m calling bullsh*t on this rumour and claim there is no truth whatsoever in this transfer rumour. There, that should do it. :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Described as a "wall player" - lots of assists but not a natural or indeed an out-and-out goalscorer.
He looks a real asset for what he could bring to the team.
But we need pace and we NEED someone to score goals

He's more than a wall player, he's got pace and can run behind. His goalscoring record isn't amazing, but it's by no means poor at top-flight level, running at 1 in every 3.5 games -- there aren't (m)any strikers in the bottom half of the PL with a record that good.
If he costs £20m as reported, I think you'll have to accept that there won't be another.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
II MUST be true - he’s a brighton player on Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zé_Luís

It says he plays for English club Spartak Moscow.

Screenshot from 2018-01-17 07-56-25.png

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
There's an Aeroflot flight from Moscow due into Heathrow at 21.05.
Who's on airport duty?

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Has he played more than 32 minutes, this season?

The fact that your only defence mechanism for him is about Baldock's fitness, rather than anything he might actually offer to our team differently than Baldock says it all. 20 million for someone marginally better than him, if at all, and seemingly the exact same sort of player, with the tagline being that he's fitter. I'd rather us just go for a loan or some dull hard brexit signing like McGoldrick if that's all our ambition is, and work with what we've got with Baldock, save some money for if we go back down and have to work within FFP due to our losses.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The fact that your only defence mechanism for him is about Baldock's fitness, rather than anything he might actually offer to our team differently than Baldock says it all. 20 million for someone marginally better than him, if at all, and seemingly the exact same sort of player, with the tagline being that he's fitter. I'd rather us just go for a loan or some dull hard brexit signing like McGoldrick if that's all our ambition is, and work with what we've got with Baldock, save some money for if we go back down and have to work within FFP due to our losses.

Given that he’s never played in the Prem and Baldock’s never played in Russia,how do you come to the conclusion that he’s marginally better?
Wouldn’t you prefer two quick forwards to relying on one who spends roughly half of every season injured?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What else is there to go on?
I'm not an expert on Russian or Portuguese football, I'll hazard a guess neither are you.

Personally I'd much rather SB was an option this season, but he hasn't been and only the most shortsighted optimist would have any faith in him going forward.

Clearly the ambition isn't to get relegated as you would prefer, but as it's always been, ambition and reality seem to be poles apart.

If this fella has been targeted to come in, there's nothing from the Summer business to make me think he's 'marginally better' than what we have already, esp as he is already proven to be considerably fitter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here