Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My ticket arrived today.

I have been fingering it in anticipation.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
This was always going to happen, all our new season ticket holders from the past few years who have joined in these past relative glory years, we must be their second team, their not going to be interested in this on a cold winters night.

You can pretty much bet that those that sing "going up to win the cup" instead of "Stand or Fall" are the ones not showing up, how ironic eh.

I’ve sung “going up to win the cup” for 30 years, don’t like this new “stand or fall” nonsense.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Maybe when the clubs start taking the cup seriously so will the fans this will just be a reserve team parade and as much as the rivalry means to the fans staying in the league is what matters to the club

Personally I am away on holiday so am missing it otherwise would have made the game but can see why everyone is a bit meh about this one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tend to agree, staying in the all-signing and all-dancing Premier League is all well and good but I'd rather us win the FA Cup just once in my lifetime than finish 17th year after year... in the process probably paying woeful foreign signings upwards of £50k a week in the next few years, taking this Football Club of ours even further away from us. I know Football has changed and I need to change with it (I say this as a 31 year old), but it blows...

If I supported Leicester I'd take relegation down the leagues on the chin having lived the impossible dream 18 months ago, they'll take that to the grave... different competition and all that but same point for me.

The FA Cup as a whole has been devalued in the last 10/15 years (semis at Wembley, managers resting players in every round including the final etc) but I'd still give my left ball to see us lift it just once... the best thing about being in the Premier League was getting to the Premier League.

But hey maybe we'll do the double of surviving and seeing Uwe lead us up the steps having steered our stiffs to cup final glory in May... maybe.

Disagree.

This is the mentality of 'I'd happily be celebate all my life for just on shag with Angelina Jolie*'

*insert fantasy name. Mine is Fanny Ardant. Obviously.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Maybe when the clubs start taking the cup seriously so will the fans this will just be a reserve team parade and as much as the rivalry means to the fans staying in the league is what matters to the club

Personally I am away on holiday so am missing it otherwise would have made the game but can see why everyone is a bit meh about this one

Its only really taken seriously and not always even, outside the prem these days where a decent cup run can swell the coffers. All about $$$ not the romance of the fa cup as many of us fondly remember it. Imagine a prem team now with the team singing a song if they reach the final and getting on Top of the Pops. FA cup magic is long gone

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
if we don't get 20k+ for this it's an utter embarrassment to be honest. Our first season in the top flight since the 80's, an FA Cup 3rd round tie against our biggest rivals and a chance to get into the next round.

I've talked to Premier League 'fans' about our passionate rivalry with Palace, explained the history, told them stories about the hatred and i'll be utterly embarrassed coming back to them if they were to see thousands of empty seats on the box.

reserves, cold, £25, might be some loud bangs blah blah blah - some people need to switch to Bowls ffs.

All sounds good and hard to disagree.
But how many Albion fans would love to see this match played on a Saturday afternoon, with a starting line up of first team players?
The ticket buying Albion fan has to put up with Monday night because of a TV company and because the Palace fans can't behave. And pay £25.

Also the reserves will be playing against maybe a full strength Palace side, last season we got stuffed by Lincoln City, the same team that were beaten by Whitehawk in the cup the season before.

You know all this of course, but I can understand why some fans will say bollox to this match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All sounds good and hard to disagree.
But how many Albion fans would love to see this match played on a Saturday afternoon, with a starting line up of first team players?
The ticket buying Albion fan has to put up with Monday night because of a TV company and because the Palace fans can't behave. And pay £25.

Also the reserves will be playing against maybe a full strength Palace side, last season we got stuffed by Lincoln City, the same team that were beaten by Whitehawk in the cup the season before.

You know all this of course, but I can understand why some fans will say bollox to this match.

Very much this.

Saturday at 12pm, 3pm, 5.30pm fine.
Sunday lunchtime or 4pm, ok.

Monday 8pm ? Poke it.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Originally wasn't going to go for financial reasons, but can't resist it. Haven't purchased tickets yet however as I'm using the opportunity to sit elsewhere in the stadium other than our usual seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here