Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I do as it happens, care about the rivalry. But I can fully accept that not everyone feels the same and I am at peace with that. Even in the 70's when there were running battles in the grounds and outside, not everyone felt that way. That is okay.

All the reasons people have given for not going are valid as they all apply to some people, as is your reason. That is also okay.

I accept that people don't feel the same way, but I thought most people did. If they don't, that's fine.

Watching on TV is a weak excuse though, come on.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
*yawn*

Stoke 'attendance' (tickets sold) was 29,676.

At least 23,000 were season ticket holders (many of them didn't turn up, due to work/transport/school/personal commitments etc.)

At least 1,000 were Stoke fans.

So Albion sold around 5000 tickets for the important Premier League match - and many would have been at £15.

How many ST no shows?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How many ST no shows?

No idea. At least 4000 I'm sure. There are many Albion fans who simply can't make evening matches.

There are many more of us who find evening games inconvenient, but went to the Stoke match because a) we'd already paid for it and b) it was an important PL match.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I am not 15.

Perhaps you are 15 as you see a Palace game as meaningless.

Oh, I do apologise I assumed by your general, online, demeanour that you were a youngster. I think I must of been giving you the benefit of the doubt! Anyway, you enjoy yourself tomorrow night and try not think too badly of us oldies that have a little more in our life than to worry about a reserve game, changed to a Monday night against our rivals which is on TV.
See you at WBA!
Have a fantastic evening!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No idea. At least 4000 I'm sure. There are many Albion fans who simply can't make evening matches.

There are many more of us who find evening games inconvenient, but went to the Stoke match because a) we'd already paid for it and b) it was an important PL match.

Again, I know there are people who can't make it.

a) The fans who turned up wanted to be there, not because the money guilted them into it.

b) This is an important match simply because it's Palace imo.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oh, I do apologise I assumed by your general, online, demeanour that you were a youngster. I think I must of been giving you the benefit of the doubt! Anyway, you enjoy yourself tomorrow night and try not think too badly of us oldies that have a little more in our life than to worry about a reserve game, changed to a Monday night against our rivals which is on TV.
See you at WBA!
Have a fantastic evening!

Reserve game? Are you even an Albion fan?

My demeanour? You're the one who said that 12,000 Albion fans are paying for a meaningless game. Think you need to work on yours.

Congratulations on having a go at someone who's going to a game that you're not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How many ST holders actually turned up for the Stoke match though? 3 out of the 4 in my family didn't go.
Did the club do some sort of discount scheme to sell tickets for this match?

Even more didn’t turn up for the Bournemouth game..i’m surprised there hasn’t been a fifty page thread on i’m a better fan because I went to that game

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes because i knew you we're joking, so i was saying im sure it will be more than you'd actually imagine the figure to be though.

Despite the stated attendance for stoke, the actual attendance is always a few thousand at least lower for mid week fixtures. Stoke was no different. You really need to stop comparing tomorrow nights game with an important league game included in the cost of a season ticket. People just don't care as much for the early rounds of the fa cup these days, especially when it's Monday and on telly, whether it's palace or not!

... And before you say well we would have sold more had it been city or the like, the extra tickets sold would have been mostly to tourists/neutrals!

If it had been city on the third round of the cup, at home, on a Monday, in January, There’s a good chance I wouldn’t have bothered. I’ll be there tomorrow though, because it’s Palace. I can see to point over view of some of our fans not wanting to waste money on a second string side and having to endure potentially hateful oppo fans. That said, we have so many ‘new’ supporters now it’s hardly a surprise that many of them don’t want to do this one.

Last edited:

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Since being at the Amex we have now got a lot more familys and young kids ,can you blame them for not going school night ect the old man and his mates wont go dew to the trouble last time

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
8 out of 12 sears in our row, WSU not being used it might get lonely........

Come and join me in the back row of the East Upper.
4 sold in my row (5 seats away) and none in the two rows in front of me. 75% of these are ST holders who may have gone elsewhere.
I've got my eye on a seat at the front as yet unsold. Going to claim it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I reckon the atmosphere will be better than it was for the league game.
I hope so. Profile of fans attending this should be biased towards the type that contribute to atmosphere.

Previous cup games with low crowds have produced dire atmospheres but hopefully this will be different with an almost "away fans at home" North Stand...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club get the attendance they deserve for opting not to play this FA Cup third round tie on FA Cup third round tie weekend.

Sunday lunchtime kick off would have been perfect and would have added a minimum five thousand to the gate (and **** the trains)

Did the club chose this date or was it the broadcaster?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Come and join me in the back row of the East Upper.
4 sold in my row (5 seats away) and none in the two rows in front of me. 75% of these are ST holders who may have gone elsewhere.
I've got my eye on a seat at the front as yet unsold. Going to claim it.

Just had a check and less than half the seats around us in family stand have been sold! Will probably end up moving just so we don't get lonely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And yet over 28,000 turned up for Stoke.

This is my point. It’s cheaper and its Palace. If you turned up for Stoke surely you would want to turn up for this? Come on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here