Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Hopefully the c.15K Albion fans in attendance will significantly more than half fill the NS, ESL, WSL and front rows of the two upper tiers...

After watching games yesterday and looking at the Andy Naylor thread I am rowing back on the "reserve teams" (inc. U23s) theme - more like "1st team squad players"...

Our relegation rivals certainly didn't get the memo about trying to get knocked out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

More like 12,000.

I've been saying all along that it won't be a reserve team. We will have quite a few players that have played this season and others that have played in The Championship. Are the majority of our fans too good for them now?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’d be interested in the correlation between those that went to Gillingham and Withdean and kept the club going and those that are showing up tomorrow night. There is no denying that we have a fairly considerable plastic support now and this match really shows how much.

I was a STH at Gillingham and Withdean and I'm not going tomorrow night. Same as @Bozza, I believe.

So there's two to start your survey - possibly not with the results you had in mind.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was a STH at Gillingham and Withdean and I'm not going tomorrow night. Same as @Bozza, I believe.

So there's two to start your survey - possibly not with the results you had in mind.

There will always be rogue ones! But I bet there is a general trend.

To even it out at least, six of us are going tomorrow night, five of us went to Gillingham and Withdean.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’m still gobsmacked by this. I know it’s monday night but we still managed to turn up for Stoke in numbers on a Monday night. I don’t get what the issue is. Yes the club could have priced it lower and I suspect they realise that, but nonetheless £25 for watching us try and beat our greatest rivals is still pretty good value. Especially as there are plenty of good seats left.

I don’t get the comments about the hassle involved of it being Palace either. Let’s be honest we really didn’t see very much hooligan activity did we. Not by historic standards anyway.

I’d be interested in the correlation between those that went to Gillingham and Withdean and kept the club going and those that are showing up tomorrow night. There is no denying that we have a fairly considerable plastic support now and this match really shows how much. Probably a similar correlation to those that leave early and the no shows as well. No back bone apparently.

Exactly, although I must add that the travel subsidy is included in the ticket price.

I didn't buy the 'plastic fan' argument before all this happened. Really starting to wonder now. Maybe the Palace fans have been right the whole time. That hurts.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’m still gobsmacked by this. I know it’s monday night but we still managed to turn up for Stoke in numbers on a Monday night. I don’t get what the issue is. Yes the club could have priced it lower and I suspect they realise that, but nonetheless £25 for watching us try and beat our greatest rivals is still pretty good value. Especially as there are plenty of good seats left.

I don’t get the comments about the hassle involved of it being Palace either. Let’s be honest we really didn’t see very much hooligan activity did we. Not by historic standards anyway.

I’d be interested in the correlation between those that went to Gillingham and Withdean and kept the club going and those that are showing up tomorrow night. There is no denying that we have a fairly considerable plastic support now and this match really shows how much. Probably a similar correlation to those that leave early and the no shows as well. No back bone apparently.

Completely agree, it’s pathetic. And kind of backs up everything Palace day about our support.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The fact that we don’t have a reserve team would point to that.

Well tell that to all the fans not going because they don't want to watch our 'reserve' team. Their term, not mine.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There will always be rogue ones! But I bet there is a general trend.

And I bet there isn't. At least 10 reasons have been given for not attending tomorrow, and everyone is going to have their own combination of those reasons.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Genuine question. If we beat Palace and draw Man City at Home will you go to that?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Completely agree, it’s pathetic. And kind of backs up everything Palace day about our support.

Yep, this was one of our biggest chances to prove them wrong. We will be continually laughed at as rivals.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Genuine question. If we beat Palace and draw Man City at Home will you go to that?

4th round at home to Man City? Well, Palace fans weren't interest in that - and yet you seem to be worried what they think about us.

palace_facup.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep, this was one of our biggest chances to prove them wrong. We will be continually laughed at as rivals.
You think they'd get 25/6k if it was at their place ?
That's the last 4 league attendances at selhurst against us and that includes a playoff semi :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Good point. But I was asking you whether you’d be more inclined to attend not Palace fans.

If it was an evening game? Definitely not. Weekend? Probably not. I don't think the FA Cup is a priority for the club this season (or many others), so it's not for me.

As I live in London, I'd be more inclined to go if a fourth-round match was away in the capital (any club). More accessible and more fun.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
People can reel off stats and theories about Palace's shite plastic support, this is a thread about ours, and what is going to be a woeful attendance against our biggest rivals. I don't give a toss how crap their gate was against Man City in the cup, I care that our stadium is going to be half empty tomorrow, when we can sell out against Stoke on the same night of the week.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I don't think people get how bad this is going to look for us.

A half empty stadium against our arch rivals. It shouldn't matter if it's in the Cup.

I reckon more fans of other clubs will be watching this one on the TV too because of the VAR, and they are going to think we are small time.

List all the excuses you want. It's not going to make a difference to them.

Perhaps 10,000 of our fans live over 50 miles away, and so can't get to the game. If that is the case, then this has been a total over reaction on my part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here