Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

SAC

May 21, 2014
I reckon that clip was a bit misleading , all's i can see is 200 coppers with bugger all else to do on overtime but form a huddle and make out they're protecting something inside the huddle , i can understand it and apologize if in fact what happened next was they were completely surrounded by a marauding gang of Apache Indians .

Someone thought to film nothing happening then post the nothing happening film to Youtube and then we sat and watched the nothing happening video.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Apologies if it has been asked already in this thread, but why is it that our home fixture against Cr**a* P***** always seems to be on a weekday night, yet our away fixture gets to be on a Saturday?

Is it at the Club's request, a Policing thing, or some other reason?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Apologies if it has been asked already in this thread, but why is it that our home fixture against Cr**a* P***** always seems to be on a weekday night, yet our away fixture gets to be on a Saturday?

Probably at the request of the police, Brighton being a tourist area, we can not risk them rampaging through the city upsetting local business.

Where as Croydon is a less desirable place to visit, less things to break (locals already seen to that) and I would imagine the local police are more up for overtime and a bit violence.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Sussex police are not PLR.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
are they "ready" for anything....??

Well I hope they are ready for those oiks on Tuesday otherwise we're going to end up with another situation like AEK against Ajax last night.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Getting down here by 10am last year really caught us unprepared....

I wonder if the Lovely affable ultras will venture further down & try and take Churchill Square this year or maybe if they feel double hard they could try and take the level....

We will see

Attachments

• DPvLrgMWAAEFPz6.jpg
    DPvLrgMWAAEFPz6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 313

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well I hope they are ready for those oiks on Tuesday otherwise we're going to end up with another situation like AEK against Ajax last night.

theres no way the away fans will be targeted by the sussex plod .....you know if it gets tasty the locals are gonna be on the receiving end ......it's just the way it's all going at the moment .......petrol bombs at a football match ....??? can you imagine the fall out if that was an English team ...? but seeing as it was a continental team , well you know , they're a passionate bunch aren't they ......same with the irish lad who got crippled at Anfield......where's the culprit....???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
theres no way the away fans will be targeted by the sussex plod .....you know if it gets tasty the locals are gonna be on the receiving end ......it's just the way it's all going at the moment .......petrol bombs at a football match ....??? can you imagine the fall out if that was an English team ...? but seeing as it was a continental team , well you know , they're a passionate bunch aren't they ......same with the irish lad who got crippled at Anfield......where's the culprit....???

Indeed. Ajax fans tucked away in the corner miles away from the home fans, the home fans go on to the running track area in front of them and lob petrol bombs and flares into the away end, so the local police's response is to go in to the Ajax fans and start battering them.

If a Palace fan got on to the pitch and chucked a flare into the North Stand, or even did it outside the ground, it would be front page news here. It's amazing how tame English football is compared to continental football, considering the reputation English fans still have. Half the Amex would have a bloody heart attack if they went to football in some grounds in Europe.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Getting down here by 10am last year really caught us unprepared....

I wonder if the Lovely affable ultras will venture further down & try and take Churchill Square this year or maybe if they feel double hard they could try and take the level....

We will see

DPzzbCPXcAEiZ.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. Ajax fans tucked away in the corner miles away from the home fans, the home fans go on to the running track area in front of them and lob petrol bombs and flares into the away end, so the local police's response is to go in to the Ajax fans and start battering them.

If a Palace fan got on to the pitch and chucked a flare into the North Stand, or even did it outside the ground, it would be front page news here. It's amazing how tame English football is compared to continental football, considering the reputation English fans still have. Half the Amex would have a bloody heart attack if they went to football in some grounds in Europe.

Do you think it depends on the police force and club? South Yorks have had a reputation of being harsh on any visiting fans looking for mischief. CFPC have a reputation of bending over backwards for their little brats. Whereas Sx Police and the Albion have certainly exhibited zero tolerance to home fans over the last ten years plus.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you think it depends on the police force and club? South Yorks have had a reputation of being harsh on any visiting fans looking for mischief. CFPC have a reputation of bending over backwards for their little brats. Whereas Sx Police and the Albion have certainly exhibited zero tolerance to home fans over the last ten years plus.

Definitely. To be fair to Sussex police, they don't have that much experience in policing big crowds and big events like the Met do, for example. They're drafting in officers from all over Sussex to help, and I imagine if your normal job is a policeman in Rotherfield then you're probably a bit unprepared to police 2,500 pissed up scumbags from Croydon on a day out at their main rivals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

One is serving two and half years in jail (for violent disorder) and another is awaiting trial for more specific charges, in the next few weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely. To be fair to Sussex police, they don't have that much experience in policing big crowds and big events like the Met do, for example. They're drafting in officers from all over Sussex to help, and I imagine if your normal job is a policeman in Rotherfield then you're probably a bit unprepared to police 2,500 pissed up scumbags from Croydon on a day out at their main rivals.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I got the impression that the club in the latter Withdean years and early Amex years dished out bans (or withdrawing s/t’s) like confetti? Largely under the regime of Hebberd. Zero tolerance towards stuff like persistent standing or swearing in the Amex NS or Withdean SS, enforced with an iron rod. From the front row of WSU, bored by Poyet/Garcia’s football, we used to watch steward hit squads persistently singling out people for an early exit.

Do that a load of times over a few years and the club diluted any chance of a vociferous home support section.

It never gets mentioned on NSC, just p taking, but I often wonder if Steve Parish has gone down the opposite route with their brats, to help get an atmosphere going? Rather than banning people left, right and centre, creating a sterile NS.

Interested to know the thoughts of others.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I got the impression that the club in the latter Withdean years and early Amex years dished out bans (or withdrawing s/t’s) like confetti? Largely under the regime of Hebberd. Zero tolerance towards stuff like persistent standing or swearing in the Amex NS or Withdean SS, enforced with an iron rod. From the front row of WSU, bored by Poyet/Garcia’s football, we used to watch steward hit squads persistently singling out people for an early exit.

Do that a load of times over a few years and the club diluted any chance of a vociferous home support section.

It never gets mentioned on NSC, just p taking, but I often wonder if Steve Parish has gone down the opposite route with their brats, to help get an atmosphere going? Rather than banning people left, right and centre, creating a sterile NS.

Interested to know the thoughts of others.

It was a bit like that, but I can't imagine they were handing out lifetime bans, probably just a couple of games. So I doubt it made much difference to the support long-term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here