Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And yet over 28,000 turned up for Stoke.

Oh, that's different because it was before Christmas, already paid for blah, blah, blah.

Okay then, the blah blah blah reasons you obviously don't accept. Why aren't a lot of Brighton fans bothered about this particular match then?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So we have over 10,000 fans who live outside of Sussex? Lol ok mate.

I'm sure you won't care seeing the ground half empty. Because anyone who does obviously needs to get a life.

Nope, i didnt say over 10k. I said i think you are underestimating though. Probably around 4/5k I reckon that won't be there tomorrow because of the distance they live and/or work away from the amex.

Weve got great support nowadays, especially considering the thousands of potential fans lost during our troubled era. We continued getting very decent attendances when struggling the other season under hyppia/hughton when he kept us up.

So no, im not worried about tomorrow's attendance, there are a number of reasons people aren't going, we would have nearly sold out had it been at the weekend/not on telly, it's a shame but life's too short to care too much about it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The blame is with both, if you want to blame.

Yes, but who's getting mugged off? The ticket buying fan.
This thread has got so long I probably have posted this already- If this match had been today or Saturday and the match wasn't on TV I'm sure many more fans would now have bought tickets.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
And yet over 28,000 turned up for Stoke.

Oh, that's different because it was before Christmas, already paid for blah, blah, blah.

Christ your boring!
Well done, you are going to a meaningless FA Cup game against Palace on Monday night. I won’t be going as I can’t be arsed with the late night journey and the general hassle of getting to and fro from the ground to watch a couple of reserve sides. You, however, are obviously an Uber fan. Maybe I might see you at WBA or Stoke as these games actually mean something and are worth the travelling, time etc!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Okay then, the blah blah blah reasons you obviously don't accept. Why aren't a lot of Brighton fans bothered about this particular match then?

They don't care are about the rivalry. If they did, they would be there. (If they could be obviously, not someone who lives in Norfolk and has to get up at 5 the next morning to milk the cows)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The club get the attendance they deserve for opting not to play this FA Cup third round tie on FA Cup third round tie weekend.

Sunday lunchtime kick off would have been perfect and would have added a minimum five thousand to the gate (and **** the trains)

This, 100%

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Nope, i didnt say over 10k. I said i think you are underestimating though. Probably around 4/5k I reckon that won't be there tomorrow because of the distance they live and/or work away from the amex.

Weve got great support nowadays, especially considering the thousands of potential fans lost during our troubled era. We continued getting very decent attendances when struggling the other season under hyppia/hughton when he kept us up.

So no, im not worried about tomorrow's attendance, there are a number of reasons people aren't going, we would have nearly sold out had it been at the weekend/not on telly, it's a shame but life's too short to care too much about it.

I joked 10,000 and you said I underestimated it. So, 4,000 that can't come because of distance reasons. Where are the other 12,000 that turned up for Stoke?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
8 out of 12 sears in our row, WSU not being used it might get lonely........

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Yes, but who's getting mugged off? The ticket buying fan.
This thread has got so long I probably have posted this already- If this match had been today or Saturday and the match wasn't on TV I'm sure many more fans would now have bought tickets.

I agree, but I thought we would have a larger amount of fans who would've turned up no matter what day it was.

If we had 15,000 turn up for Stoke then I wouldn't be arguing my point!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Christ your boring!
Well done, you are going to a meaningless FA Cup game against Palace on Monday night. I won’t be going as I can’t be arsed with the late night journey and the general hassle of getting to and fro from the ground to watch a couple of reserve sides. You, however, are obviously an Uber fan. Maybe I might see you at WBA or Stoke as these games actually mean something and are worth the travelling, time etc!

Meaningless game? **** off.

Reserve sides? You mean the players that played for us in The Championship. Our fans are suddenly too good for them now. Again, **** off.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I agree, but I thought we would have a larger amount of fans who would've turned up no matter what day it was.

How many ST holders actually turned up for the Stoke match though? 3 out of the 4 in my family didn't go.
Did the club do some sort of discount scheme to sell tickets for this match?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I joked 10,000 and you said I underestimated it. So, 4,000 that can't come because of distance reasons. Where are the other 12,000 that turned up for Stoke?

Yes because i knew you we're joking, so i was saying im sure it will be more than you'd actually imagine the figure to be though.

Despite the stated attendance for stoke, the actual attendance is always a few thousand at least lower for mid week fixtures. Stoke was no different. You really need to stop comparing tomorrow nights game with an important league game included in the cost of a season ticket. People just don't care as much for the early rounds of the fa cup these days, especially when it's Monday and on telly, whether it's palace or not!

... And before you say well we would have sold more had it been city or the like, the extra tickets sold would have been mostly to tourists/neutrals!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you reckon Barcelona are embarrassed by the half empty stadium for their game today in la liga?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They don't care are about the rivalry. If they did, they would be there. (If they could be obviously, not someone who lives in Norfolk and has to get up at 5 the next morning to milk the cows)

I do as it happens, care about the rivalry. But I can fully accept that not everyone feels the same and I am at peace with that. Even in the 70's when there were running battles in the grounds and outside, not everyone felt that way. That is okay.

All the reasons people have given for not going are valid as they all apply to some people, as is your reason. That is also okay.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

*yawn*

Stoke 'attendance' (tickets sold) was 29,676.

At least 23,000 were season ticket holders (many of them didn't turn up, due to work/transport/school/personal commitments etc.)

At least 1,000 were Stoke fans.

So Albion sold around 5000 tickets for the important Premier League match - and many would have been at £15.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Yes because i knew you we're joking, so i was saying im sure it will be more than you'd actually imagine the figure to be though.

Despite the stated attendance for stoke, the actual attendance is always a few thousand at least lower for mid week fixtures. Stoke was no different. You really need to stop comparing tomorrow nights game with an important league game included in the cost of a season ticket. People just don't care as much for the early rounds of the fa cup these days, especially when it's Monday and on telly, whether it's palace or not!

... And before you say well we would have sold more had it been city or the like, the extra tickets sold would have been mostly to tourists/neutrals!

4,000 probably is about right. I never thought it was a lot less than you thought it was.

Yes, I know there was ST no shows for Stoke, but I haven't got the actual figure. Shall we say 25,000 Albion turned up?

I couldn't care want competition it is. It's Palace at home, the number one game for me. I thought most Albion fans thought the same, but I was wrong. Just because it's on a Monday night shouldn't make a difference when so many turned up for Stoke.

I understand people have other commitments or can't make it due to distance. But the fact that people would rather watch it in the pub or just can't be arsed is very strange to me.

Other posters have said they wouldn't have gone if it wasn't Palace, I thought we would've had a lot more fans like that. That's all.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Are you 15? If so about time you thought about bed! Big day at school tomorrow and a late night!

I am not 15.

Perhaps you are 15 as you see a Palace game as meaningless.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Why do you give a shit about what people you’ll never meet and have no influence upon your life think about you, your football club and/or you club’s fan base?

The number of threads we've seen on here over the years because "Club X forum are chatting shit about us" or "Pundit doesn't give us credit" or "Random Players doesn't think we'll go up" suggests people do care though.

It all comes from a place of caring about the club we support. It's a shame we're all so comfortable being rude to each other for thinking in different ways.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here