Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
A small reduction to £25 and just 5 loyalty points. As I said in other thread, if it had been a tenner or £15 quid and 15 loyalty points it would have sold out and there'd be a cracking atmosphere. As it is, the place will be empty and soul-less. A massive shame, in my opinion. The club has to take some of the blame for that.

Yes agreed, and £25 is about the average price I'm paying per match with my ST so not really a reduction at all

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
To be fair they were probably made to attend or risk losing their ST. In addition, probably first ever games for many 'global' fans.

I'm as pissed off as anybody at the apathy towards this one, but at least pick a derby outside the top 6 circus act for comparison.

Liverpool and Everton have a chance of winning the devalued FA Cup and them putting out strong sides doesn't really risk relegation.
The lower half of the Premier League and all the Championship couldn't give a stuff about the FA Cup. The financial risk of injuries is too great.
Liverpool and Everton put out near full strength teams, Albion and Pa*#*e won't.
It's a mess but it's reality, and I don't understand why people don't understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yes Barber has badly over estimated the desire for this game and over priced the tickets. that or he is very happy with a small crowd and less chance of trouble and travel disruption.

Barber doesn't have Brighton in his blood and isn't particularly a football man . He's a business man so he just goes for the max money where possible .

That said , the crowd will be about 18-21,000 . Badly over estimated would be a 11k attendance .

That's a brilliant crowd and will be pumped up.

Some people are being right fannies as there may be empty seats.

Benders

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Only 2 days, 10 hours and 40 minutes until this thread is irrelevant. Can't come soon enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barber doesn't have Brighton in his blood and isn't particularly a football man . He's a business man so he just goes for the max money where possible .
Blimey, imagine what he'd be like if he did 'have Brighton in his blood'.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's the 3rd round of the Cup. Whether it's Fleetwood or Palace, my interest is still there, but I just can't be arsed,Premier or otherwise. No idea if there's P + R, just assume the club won't bother if it's not a league match. The 'so called' Palace Ultras killed it for a lot of undecideds, well done Simon and the lads. It's on BT Sport, so that will pick off a few others plus it's a Monday night. Anything above 12k will be good, 17/18k will be a decent turnout. It may not be a full team, but it's great for a few fans who don't usually get the chance.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget a lot of our fans travel long distances for home games and Mondays game also affects kids as its school night.
This might have affected 4/5000 fans

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
There will be more trouble caused by brighton fans on monday than the game back in november, the main reason being there will be alot bigger percentage who are not STH so will not be risking anything if they get into bother. People who are not going because of the palace ultras wont need to worry about them we will have our fair share of idiots going on monday

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
yes Barber has badly over estimated the desire for this game and over priced the tickets. that or he is very happy with a small crowd and less chance of trouble and travel disruption.

It's one of these, probably the latter because the club had the chance to provide more incentives when they saw tickets weren't shifting (eg. Increase the number of loyalty points) but did nothing.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There will be more trouble caused by brighton fans on monday than the game back in november, the main reason being there will be alot bigger percentage who are not STH so will not be risking anything if they get into bother. People who are not going because of the palace ultras wont need to worry about them we will have our fair share of idiots going on monday
This is it for me . Knowing that the fairy and his cronies are reclaiming the Amex for the evening has sent a shudder down my spine . I’ll wait for the replay and the match in April where our fates could be decided .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

A crowd of 15K or 21K or 30K makes no difference to the chances of trouble or disruption.
Only playing someone other than Crystal Palace solves that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

This is a distinct possibility , i'm still a bit confused that out of the 6 arrests made that night , 5 of them were from Sussex , were these Brighton fans in the away end , i really don't know and have not seen anything to say it wasn't ? seems odd that with all the trouble that happened that night just 1 Croydonite was arrested .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This is it for me . Knowing that the fairy and his cronies are reclaiming the Amex for the evening has sent a shudder down my spine . I’ll wait for the replay and the match in April where our fates could be decided .

Enjoy the beamback

Large.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is a distinct possibility , i'm still a bit confused that out of the 6 arrests made that night , 5 of them were from Sussex , were these Brighton fans in the away end , i really don't know and have not seen anything to say it wasn't ? seems odd that with all the trouble that happened that night just 1 Croydonite was arrested .

Arrests can happen outside the ground as well .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

What a load of old nonsense. What business man chooses a business where he spends his entire week watching football, being around footballers, talking to football players, agents, coaches, administrators about football issues if he isn't "particularly a football man" and then does this line of work for his entire life.

The guff on here sometimes.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Have they still not arrested any of the 30-40 that broke into the AMEX?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It's one of these, probably the latter because the club had the chance to provide more incentives when they saw tickets weren't shifting (eg. Increase the number of loyalty points) but did nothing.

There's a difference between deliberately wanting a smaller crowd and making the wrong decisions about how to maximise it. (pricing etc) . Fair enough about the latter which many are discussing on here and there are a lot of difficult things to consider.. Thankfully you seem to have rowed back from the former because its ridiculous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here