Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
But I'm not coming from Worthing. :shrug:

Well I'm not talking about you then, am I?

In fact, this whole thread is about the more local fans.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
A count up suggests we've sold about 11,414 tickets.

The travel subsidy is included in the ticket price, so the £25 isn't that much. If you're coming from Worthing, the match ticket is effectively around about £18. Is that really that much considering we probably paid more to see the same players playing in The Championship?

plus 1901 so about 3000 (if they all turn up) of them and 2000 in the away end so probably looking at 17 - 18,000 in the stadium. what a complete mess we've made of this

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If we'd been drawn at home to Man U and it was bumped to Monday night, with no trains, and it was on the telly, then I'd STILL have watched it in the pub instead (as I am doing with this one). Had they kept this Palace game on Saturday or Sunday, then I'd have gone. Simple as that really.

Yes, that's you. But let's not pretend the home attendance wouldn't be bigger if we did get Manchester United etc.

For me, this is the one game where I would try to get past any obstacle in my way to get to the game. I naively thought most other fans would too, especially the ones who love to stoke up the rivalry.

I'm a supporter, so I will go and support the team if I can. Bugger watching it on TV because it's easier.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Only 4 posts after your reply. There are plenty of other quotes of a similar nature.

For my part, I don't blame anyone missing it given the multitude of reasons and I am disappointed that the crowd will be so low, but at least it'll mean I should get away from the game earlier.

I think a lot of those supporters are being a bit sarcastic tbh.

Surely fans shouldn't be worried about whether other fans think they are 'true supporters' or not? Most Palace fans think that about us anyway.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
plus 1901 so about 3000 (if they all turn up) of them and 2000 in the away end so probably looking at 17 - 18,000 in the stadium. what a complete mess we've made of this

Yep. That could be the announced attendance, but that's because the 1901's will be included even if they don't turn up. Will be interesting to see how many do turn up though. Maybe half?

I suspect this might be lorded over us for many years to come. But, you know, obviously people don't care about that because that would make them insecure...

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Yes, that's you. But let's not pretend the home attendance wouldn't be bigger if we did get Manchester United etc.

For me, this is the one game where I would try to get past any obstacle in my way to get to the game. I naively thought most other fans would too, especially the ones who love to stoke up the rivalry.

I'm a supporter, so I will go and support the team if I can. Bugger watching it on TV because it's easier.

Pretty much my feelings exactly

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yep. That could be the announced attendance, but that's because the 1901's will be included even if they don't turn up. Will be interesting to see how many do turn up though. Maybe half?

I suspect this might be lorded over us for many years to come. But, you know, obviously people don't care about that because that would make them insecure...

Difficult to lord over us when they haven't sold their meagre 2k allocation, you know the one they could have sold out twice or thrice if we'd offered it? No need for a storming of the (inadequate) turnstiles this time around it would appear.

I do largely agree with your sentiments though. I've had to make compromises to attend this one that I probably wouldn't have done if it was Man Utd or any other opposition. Shame others don't see it the same way. (Disclaimer: No, this does not make me a better fan).

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Difficult to lord over us when they haven't sold their meagre 2k allocation, you know the one they could have sold out twice or thrice if we'd offered it? No need for a storming of the (inadequate) turnstiles this time around it would appear.

I do largely agree with your sentiments though. I've had to make compromises to attend this one that I probably wouldn't have done if it was Man Utd or any other opposition. Shame others don't see it the same way. (Disclaimer: No, this does not make me a better fan).

It did cross my mind, but I think they might just sell out. It's not great on their part, the same as it isn't great on our part. Add those two together and it makes our rivalry look a bit small time to the rest of the football community. People might not agree or care, but that's up to them.

But yes, it is a shame.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just counted up, 10336, after buying mine. Chose West Lower, close to the dugouts, only part of the Amex I haven't been in. Won't be like the North but be interesting to get a Hughton eye view of the match. Really hope we sell more over the weekend but there is certainly going to be thousands of empty seats sadly

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Liverpool vs Everton sold out, great atmosphere and strong sides picked. I guess that's what happens when you have a proper rivalry. :fishing:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just counted up, 10336, after buying mine. Chose West Lower, close to the dugouts, only part of the Amex I haven't been in. Won't be like the North but be interesting to get a Hughton eye view of the match. Really hope we sell more over the weekend but there is certainly going to be thousands of empty seats sadly

Ditto, just done exactly the same thing! Might wander to the north for the second half presuming we're attacking that way then

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Well, I’ve got my ticket & just bought 100 packets of these so the atmosphere is going to be electric!!! The Palace fans won’t know what hit em!

2D720540-2A35-44FD-88ED-0CE8C1FAE599.jpeg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Liverpool vs Everton sold out, great atmosphere and strong sides picked. I guess that's what happens when you have a proper rivalry. :fishing:

Sadly you aren't far off the truth.

I was buzzing when this was pulled out the hat, how you would rather go to a souless pub and watch it is beyond me.

To be fair they were probably made to attend or risk losing their ST. In addition, probably first ever games for many 'global' fans.

I'm as pissed off as anybody at the apathy towards this one, but at least pick a derby outside the top 6 circus act for comparison.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be fair they were probably made to attend or risk losing their ST. In addition, probably first ever games for many 'global' fans.

I'm as pissed off as anybody at the apathy towards this one, but at least pick a derby outside the top 6 circus act for comparison.

Yes. Need to find a better comparison.

I reckon if Ipswich reserves were playing Norwich reserves on Monday night in the 3rd round of the cup then the crowd there would also be unsurprisingly small and fans' interest muted like ours...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
I haven't read through all of it so will ask, have the prices not been reduced? Man City have made it £10 for adults and £5 for juniors and it's a sell out in home and away ends. I think a lot who can't usually afford it or get tickets are making it a family day out. Should be a good atmosphere with Burnley taking 7,600.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I haven't read through all of it so will ask, have the prices not been reduced? Man City have made it £10 for adults and £5 for juniors and it's a sell out in home and away ends. I think a lot who can't usually afford it or get tickets are making it a family day out. Should be a good atmosphere with Burnley taking 7,600.

A small reduction to £25 and just 5 loyalty points. As I said in other thread, if it had been a tenner or £15 quid and 15 loyalty points it would have sold out and there'd be a cracking atmosphere. As it is, the place will be empty and soul-less. A massive shame, in my opinion. The club has to take some of the blame for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here