Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There have been 277 posts on this thread and I would guess about 25 people who claim to have never missed a game since the Charity Shield have said they aren't going. 25 out of a 30,000 crowd isn't very much. You can't say it's nothing whatsoever to do with new fans, that's clearly complete rubbish. At least half of the Amex crowd ARE new fans, it's impossible to deny that. And if they don't fancy this because 'it's only the FA cup' then the crowd will be much lower. FACT.
If the train strike goes ahead as planned, all bets are off.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There have been 277 posts on this thread and I would guess about 25 people who claim to have never missed a game since the Charity Shield have said they aren't going. 25 out of a 30,000 crowd isn't very much. You can't say it's nothing whatsoever to do with new fans, that's clearly complete rubbish. At least half of the Amex crowd ARE new fans, it's impossible to deny that. And if they don't fancy this because 'it's only the FA cup' then the crowd will be much lower. FACT.

Where are you getting your figures from? Thin air I imagine as just around the time we were moving from Withdean, the club said they had over 20,000 fans on their database who'd bought tickets from Withdean. And in any case, just what constitutes 'new'? Is it fans who were never at the Goldstone, never at Gillingham, never at Withdean or only those who started at the Amex? Plenty of youngsters around me in the family stand are only in their early teens or younger and are now in their 7th season. Are they JCL's even though they have been supporting the club most of their lives? At which point in time does someone stop being 'new'? Who decides?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
[/B]

Spoken like a true JCL

I have my ticket, and I enjoy the rivalry. I can completely understand why people have chosen not to go though. I also know people who are waiting till after Christmas to buy a ticket - I think there'll be a bit of a rush then.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That's just b0llocks. Over 20k (will probably end up 23-25k I reckon) would be a good turnout imo considering it's
the 3rd round, Monday night in Jan, on telly. Yes it's palace, but not everyone believes the hype around the derby (same goes for some palace fans I know) for a start.

This poster knows Palace fans, ban?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have my ticket, and I enjoy the rivalry. I can completely understand why people have chosen not to go though. I also know people who are waiting till after Christmas to buy a ticket - I think there'll be a bit of a rush then.

Pretty much how I feel. I'm looking forward to it, but I can understand why others are not, especially when it is on tv.

By the time we reach May 13 and Liverpool away we may have more pressing matters to be concerned about and this game will be long forgotten (unless of Skalak gets a hattrick in which case they will NEVER hear the end of it).

I'm taking it for what it is, a chance to get one over on them even if it is basically a stiffs game.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Whatever happened to the magic of the FA Cup? Some people on here need to get a grip. At £25 a ticket it's not expensive either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sheer amount of self-righteous puffed up superfan BOLLOCKS being spouted on this thread from some posters truly is a sight to behold.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Whatever happened to the magic of the FA Cup? Some people on here need to get a grip. At £25 a ticket it's not expensive either.

The Cup died 20 years ago when the PL became dominant and teams started putting out makeshift teams.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
... as you like to point out. again. and again. and again...........

Disappointing to hear from a respected poster. It's almost like he's taunting fans for bothering to turn up to support their team. Either that or he's desperately trying to justify his decision.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What utter bollocks..."true fans will be there", any Brighton fan who has either been a fan for 30 years (like me) or who has only started going since the Amex years are all fans of the club.

For some people, it's life or death and cannot dare think of missing a game. However for other people (like me) who have a family to support and money wise can only really afford to go to 3 or 4 games a season now (I used to be a STH back at the Goldstone) I have to choose which games to go to.

I've been to the West Brom game this season and am going to the Watford game. I've chosen not to go to Palace game because it's a cup game and those type of games don't interest me. Even if it was Man U I wouldn't be going as I deem the league games more important with more riding on them.

So if you think I'm not a "true" fan for not going so be it. I couldn't give a rats arse what you lot think.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
True fans will be there! End of!

:rolleyes:

Disappointing to hear from a respected poster. It's almost like he's taunting fans for bothering to turn up to support their team. Either that or he's desperately trying to justify his decision.

I'm not respected on here any more than anyone else, I've just been around forever.

And at no point have I taunted anyone for turning up, why on earth would I do that ? Neither have I "justified" my decision, I've just given the reasons why I'm not bothering with this one. Whether that justifies it to you, or anyone else on here is neither here nor there because I honestly couldn't care less. Frankly I'm amazed anyone else could be even remotely interested in whether I go or not.

I just find the copious amounts of sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, bile-drenched sputum being sprayed all over this thread by all the SUPERFANS who wouldn't miss it for the world, well, a bit....tiresome. My own fault for revisiting and responding I suppose, but hey, there's not much going on at work this week. Do carry on though.

What utter bollocks..."true fans will be there", any Brighton fan who has either been a fan for 30 years (like me) or who has only started going since the Amex years are all fans of the club.

For some people, it's life or death and cannot dare think of missing a game. However for other people (like me) who have a family to support and money wise can only really afford to go to 3 or 4 games a season now (I used to be a STH back at the Goldstone) I have to choose which games to go to.

I've been to the West Brom game this season and am going to the Watford game. I've chosen not to go to Palace game because it's a cup game and those type of games don't interest me. Even if it was Man U I wouldn't be going as I deem the league games more important with more riding on them.

So if you think I'm not a "true" fan for not going so be it. I couldn't give a rats arse what you lot think.

Plastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here