Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it said on the site yesterday that no tickets for Palace fans would be available after midday but tickets for Brighton fans would still be available from the ticket office. Maybe they've just taken them down from online?

Well, they are definitely not online now. Seems odd.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I'm with Bozza on this. And for the record 20 years a supporter. A bit more circumspection maybe.

and another with Bozza - this year is my 50th anniversary supporting the Albion (and yeah I was at the "proper" Palace games in the 70s). Let's be honest both the Albion and Palace are going to be trying to lose the game without being seen to lose it; the club has taken the p*ss with the ticket pricing.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, they are definitely not online now. Seems odd.

Funnily enough, I've caved in and I was going to buy a ticket - but during the process, the site just stopped processing the transaction and now they've disappeared. This was just before 11am, so well before the midday deadline. I'm not upset if I've missed out on being there, watching at home will be just fine!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Funnily enough, I've caved in and I was going to buy a ticket - but during the process, the site just stopped processing the transaction and now they've disappeared. This was just before 11am, so well before the midday deadline. I'm not upset if I've missed out on being there, watching at home will be just fine!

Ring the ticket office. I'm sure they're still on sale.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm with Bozza on this. And for the record 20 years a supporter. A bit more circumspection maybe.

Im with Bozza too on this. I have tickets for tonight but wife and i have the lurgey so highly unlikely we will be attending and therefore our 3 kids wont be there either.

If this wasnt palace tonight (say stoke in a league game) would i be more desparate to attend? Possibly.

And i cant wait to have my supporter credentials called into question

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Boom, purchased. Snuck in at the last minute - hoping for the reward of a game of football this evening!

Come on Jiri, do something magical.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I do see what you are saying, but the fact that it is on a Monday night cannot be used as a reason for mass absence, surely, though admittedly some travel from afar. Have we not have had much larger crowds for league night matches in cold weather with the travel subsidy on, which have also been televised?

Yes, it can.

Have you seen the number of empty seats at midweek league games? And many of us STHers from outside Sussex drag ourselves to those games (when possible) because we've already paid for them.

I have several reasons for not going tonight, but if it had been a day match I would have probably gone with my son - and I know loads in the same boat.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Albion fan for 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I estimate I have have been to well over 1,000 Albion games, fanzine editor, Albion fansite owner and both of my children have intentionally Albion-related names. I'm as modern football as they come.

I'm not telling anyone who is up for this game that they are wrong. Personally I'm not.

Just not that loyal then . Pick and choose ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was in two minds about paying to watch two second strings and think that the club could have been more generous to the fans for this one. I ended up buying tickets for me and the two kids, so that is over £60 for potentially second string football. I completely understand why a lot would choose not to go and think that, in the circumstances, 20,000+ is a good turn out. What swayed me in the end was two things: The thought of not being there should we turn them over in an exciting way: a thrashing or a last minute turnaround, and perhaps the last chance to see some favourites from the Championship years that may not play again if we avoid injuries and can stay up. Who knows, we might even see Kaz.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was in two minds about paying to watch two second strings and think that the club could have been more generous to the fans for this one. I ended up buying tickets for me and the two kids, so that is over £60 for potentially second string football. we might even see Kaz.

In the FA cup both sides get to set the ticket price so you often get away sides wanting to set them at a higher as I believe they get a high % themselves.

Would love to see Kaz, not sure Chris is the type of manager to throw him into this though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here