Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It doesn't matter how much of an Albion one is, if you follow the club, whether from Sussex, outside of Sussex, via Sky/BT or on STV, it really doesn't matter to anyone what you do.
FFS grow up you lot......:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As Palace could have brought 4,000 and would also be buying up tickets en masse in the home areas, I thought I'd check up on how quickly they sold out.

This was the original plan:

Phase 2: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4200+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Tuesday 19th December from 10:00
Limited to one ticket per client reference

Phase 3: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4100+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Wednesday 20th December from 10:00

Phase 4: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4000+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Thursday 21st December from 10:00

Phase 5: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 3900+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Friday 22nd December from 10:00

Phase 6: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 3800+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Saturday 23rd December from 10:00

Phase 7: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 3500+ Loyalty Points
Wednesday 27th December 2017 10am

Phase 8: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 3000+ Loyalty Points
Thursday 28th December 2017 10am

Phase 9: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 2000+ Loyalty Points
Friday 29th December 2017 10am

Phase 10: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 1500+ Loyalty Points
Tuesday 2nd January 2018. 10am
Limited to one ticket per client reference.

Seems these 10 planned phases weren't sufficient however: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/tickets-brighton-cup-match-update/

There are still some tickets available Monday's FA Cup Third Round match against Brighton & Hove Albion (19:45 kick off) at the Amex Stadium.

Phase 11: Season Ticket Holders & Members 1000+ Points
On sale Wednesday 3rd January 2018 10am
Limited to one ticket per client reference.

Phase 12: Season Ticket Holders & Members 250+ Points
On sale Thursday 4th January 2018 10am
Limited to one ticket per client reference.​

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As Palace could have brought 4,000 and would also be buying up tickets en masse in the home areas, I thought I'd check up on how quickly they sold out.

This was the original plan:

Phase 2: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4200+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Tuesday 19th December from 10:00

Phase 3: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4100+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Wednesday 20th December from 10:00

Phase 4: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 4000+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Thursday 21st December from 10:00

Phase 5: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 3900+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Friday 22nd December from 10:00

Phase 6: Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 3800+ Loyalty Points
On sale: Saturday 23rd December from 10:00

Phase 7: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 3500+ Loyalty Points Wednesday 27th December 2017 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference

Phase 8: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 3000+ Loyalty Points Thursday 28th December 2017 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference

Phase 9: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 2000+ Loyalty Points Friday 29th December 2017 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference

Phase 10: Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members 1500+ Loyalty Points Tuesday 2nd January 2018. 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference.

Seems these 10 planned phases weren't sufficient however: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/tickets-brighton-cup-match-update/

There are still some tickets available Monday's FA Cup Third Round match against Brighton & Hove Albion (19:45 kick off) at the Amex Stadium.

Phase 11: Season Ticket Holders & Members 1000+ Points

On sale Wednesday 3rd January 2018 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference.

Phase 12: Season Ticket Holders & Members 250+ Points

On sale Thursday 4th January 2018 10am Limited to one ticket per client reference.​

Lol now that is interesting

I see there is mention of ‘outer cordons’ where tickets will be checked

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Just had a quick count of the number of tickets still available to buy online in the home stands and it is 10,593. The amount of unsold seats in most sections is quite noticeable and I guess that with the 'sterile zone' we are going to see an attendance of around 18-19,000.
I rushed to get my ticket thinking this would be the usual fiesty atmosphere local derby sell out but I'm not so sure now - I'm wondering if it's all going to feel a bit rubbish and 2nd rate with the Amex just over half full?
I suppose when you look a the crowds for FA Cup 3rd round matches these days they are down on what they used to be but I really did think this match would sell out. But what do I know?
Everyone's personal choice for sure, and no one is right or wrong for going or not going.....I'm just surprised that's all.

Just had a quick count of the number of tickets still available to buy online in the home stands and it is 10,593. The amount of unsold seats in most sections is quite noticeable and I guess that with the 'sterile zone' we are going to see an attendance of around 18-19,000.
I rushed to get my ticket thinking this would be the usual fiesty atmosphere local derby sell out but I'm not so sure now - I'm wondering if it's all going to feel a bit rubbish and 2nd rate with the Amex just over half full?
I suppose when you look a the crowds for FA Cup 3rd round matches these days they are down on what they used to be but I really did think this match would sell out. But what do I know?
Everyone's personal choice for sure, and no one is right or wrong for going or not going.....I'm just surprised that's all.

Call two thirds full, looks like we could have sold 40k for the Liverpool game, sad that people will turn up to see the premiere stars but won't turn up for a competitive cup tie. That's sky soccer for ya and the sheep mentality of rubbishing Cup football. Sad times for those that loved all those special Cup games over the years.:down:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Call two thirds full, looks like we could have sold 40k for the Liverpool game, sad that people will turn up to see the premiere stars but won't turn up for a competitive cup tie. That's sky soccer for ya and the sheep mentality of rubbishing Cup football. Sad times for those that loved all those special Cup games over the years.:down:
Will you be going ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Ah well, c'est la vie!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

That is what happens when you play the reserves in cup games I’m afraid (and move it to a Monday night).

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Am looking forward to the day when the FA Cup loses even more popularity than it already has and all games get switched to midweek therefore we would not miss a week of league football.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So with the rather blase attitude to the game could this end up one of those "I was there games" with a stunning victory?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Wouldn't let it put you off. Most grounds in the country have lots of empty seats. We've just been spoilt at the Amex. 18-20k is still a brilliant crowd and will make a nice bit of noise if everyone is up for it (which they should be as have all paid).

Some of the best atmospheres have been when loads of empty seats in a midweek.

Could be a great night

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll be kicking down doors to get to this game :wink:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Wouldn't let it put you off. Most grounds in the country have lots of empty seats. We've just been spoilt at the Amex. 18-20k is still a brilliant crowd and will make a nice bit of noise if everyone is up for it (which they should be as have all paid).

Some of the best atmospheres have been when loads of empty seats in a midweek.

Could be a great night

100% this !!! a positive post - the ones that are there really care so should be a cracker still

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here