Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder if their allocation is going to be reduced this time. Anyone heard anything?

If we don't sell out this game then it will really answer more questions about our support, just like the cup game did. I think we will though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is Scott Dann the one that Palace fans kept saying was going to play for England?

Gareth Southgate's World Cup plans must be in tatters now.

Step forward Lewis Dunk

Sure he's happy to do so.
*snigger*

When is Scott Dann getting his England call up then? There's a shortage of players up front to partner Harry Kane. Can Dann score goals?

*checks Palace's home record*

Ah, perhaps not.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
*snigger*

When is Scott Dann getting his England call up then? There's a shortage of players up front to partner Harry Kane. Can Dann score goals?

Ah, perhaps not.

James Tomkins has always reminded me of Bobby Moore...except when he doesn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
*snigger*

Ah, perhaps not.

The Palace fans have moved on from Dann, now.

(Donkey) Dunk's call up has instead been viewed as a huge affront to James Tomkins...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if their allocation is going to be reduced this time. Anyone heard anything?

If we don't sell out this game then it will really answer more questions about our support, just like the cup game did. I think we will though.

Perhaps younger fans and parents put off by their moronic fans, and the firecrackers last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Perhaps younger fans and parents put off by their moronic fans, and the firecrackers last time.

Which says a lot about our support. I don't get the kids excuse- I wouldn't take my kids to a Palace game, but we should still have enough adults that aren't frightened of a banger or a spotty teenager. How would these people cope at Lewes bonfire!?

It's not like there was any real large scale disorder, was there? The stuff that went on outside the away end with them breaking in was out of order, but I don't see how that affects any Brighton fan going to the game. Was there any more actual trouble than there was with West Ham on Friday night? Yet I can't see us not selling out for the next West Ham game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which says a lot about our support. I don't get the kids excuse- I wouldn't take my kids to a Palace game, but we should still have enough adults that aren't frightened of a banger or a spotty teenager. How would these people cope at Lewes bonfire!?

It's not like there was any real large scale disorder, was there? The stuff that went on outside the away end with them breaking in was out of order, but I don't see how that affects any Brighton fan going to the game. Was there any more actual trouble than there was with West Ham on Friday night? Yet I can't see us not selling out for the next West Ham game.

Pretty sure this was discussed after the league game where I, and others, wrote about how our own kids felt at the League game.

My daughter is 15, nearly 16, and quite a robust young lady - not too much phases her. However, when a firecracker (or whatever the hell they are called) was set off at the League game, sending an almighty bang echoing around the Amex, she was shaken for a minute or two. The reason, should be obvious. Our kids are being brought up in an age where nutters seek to do widespread harm to crowds of people. Only a few months before the league game we had the Manchester Arena bombing, killing 23.

Kids aren't used to loud bangs going off in sports stadiums. Kids are used to reading and hearing about lunatics detonating bombs in crowded places. As I say, I'm sure other parents wrote about the impact on their kids of that night.

She'd cope fine at Lewes bonfire night, or any similar occasion, because she'd be expecting those sort of bangs.

Would it stop me taking her again? Of course not. Will she want to come to the next game? I've not asked her, but I imagine she will want to come, yes.

But, I can completely understand why parents may decide their kids will give this one the swerve with it being another midweek evening game.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pretty sure this was discussed after the league game where I, and others, wrote about how our own kids felt at the League game.

My daughter is 15, nearly 16, and quite a robust young lady - not too much phases her. However, when a firecracker (or whatever the hell they are called) was set off at the League game, sending an almighty bang echoing around the Amex, she was shaken for a minute or two. The reason, should be obvious. Our kids are being brought up in an age where nutters seek to do widespread harm to crowds of people. Only a few months before the league game we had the Manchester Arena bombing, killing 23.

Kids aren't used to loud bangs going off in sports stadiums. Kids are used to reading and hearing about lunatics detonating bombs in crowded places. As I say, I'm sure other parents wrote about the impact on their kids of that night.

She'd cope fine at Lewes bonfire night, or any similar occasion, because she'd be expecting those sort of bangs.

Would it stop me taking her again? Of course not. Will she want to come to the next game? I've not asked her, but I imagine she will want to come, yes.

But, I can completely understand why parents may decide their kids will give this one the swerve with it being another midweek evening game.

Yeah I said I wouldn't take my kids to this game (although to be honest that's a bit different as mine are a lot younger than yours). But I can't see why any adult would genuinely be frightened of attending a Premier League football match between Brighton and Crystal Palace. It's hardly Galatasaray v Fenerbahce.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I didn't go to any of the Palace games last year, still hurting by that play off defeat and the 3 hours it took to get out of Bennett's field afterwards whilst listening the palace fans celebrating.

However I've got a ticket for this, it's time (hopefully) to exorcise a few demons!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But I can't see why any adult would genuinely be frightened of attending a Premier League football match between Brighton and Crystal Palace. It's hardly Galatasaray v Fenerbahce.

I wouldn't miss it, personally, but don't feel the need to be critical of anyone who doesn't wish to.

There's a big difference between 'frightened of attending', and simply 'cannot be arsed with the bullshit'.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Also Tuesday night more queues, more hassle, unpleasant atmosphere around the ground although little chance of violence I can why lots of people give it a miss.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also Tuesday night more queues, more hassle, unpleasant atmosphere around the ground although little chance of violence I can why lots of people give it a miss.

Most people I know that missed it just didn't want the hassle of the queues and police cordons etc on a weekday night. It just adds grief for a lot of people that are trying to get home and are weary after a day at work.

Personally I went to both league and cup game plus I took my 7 year old son who loved every moment of them. The Palace fans actions have ignited a real sense of rivalry in him and his friends that went.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Off track a little but I had to visit the North Stand offices yesterday and in reception area were various senior Sussex Police people. Presumably to discuss the policing of the upcoming Palace game? Might not be but it isn't that long really.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think for some parents, the slightest likelihood of trouble and they are inevitably risk averse. The stigma of 80’s hooliganism does remain. I had people quote it at me only last week.

Can’t comment on the adult fans....... each to their own I guess.

Given the Palace ‘fans’ charged and forced the gates open, and let the firecrackers off generally making it an intimidating atmosphere, I would say it’s completely different to West Ham and incomparable with Lewes which is not a sporting event.

Edit - that isn’t a criticism of people not taking their children, just a possible reason.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I think for some parents, the slightest likelihood of trouble and they are inevitably risk averse. The stigma of 80’s hooliganism does remain. I had people quote it at me only last week.

Can’t comment on the adult fans....... each to their own I guess.

Given the Palace ‘fans’ charged and forced the gates open, and let the firecrackers off generally making it an intimidating atmosphere, I would say it’s completely different to West Ham and incomparable with Lewes which is not a sporting event.

Edit - that isn’t a criticism of people not taking their children, just a possible reason.

Intimidating?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here