Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Again, I know there are people who can't make it.

a) The fans who turned up wanted to be there, not because the money guilted them into it.

b) This is an important match simply because it's Palace imo.

No, again, even though mid-week matches are inconvenient for me, I went to Stoke because I'd already paid for it.

Albion v Stoke in the PL is more important to me than Albion v Palace in the FA Cup.

(West Brom away is more important too. And I'm going to that.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Completely agree, it’s pathetic. And kind of backs up everything Palace day about our support.

Palace have either not sold out their 2,000 tickets or have only just managed to do so today. They had to keep adding new phases with fewer loyalty points because those stated when tickets first went on sale didn't buy all the tickets. When the ticketing details were announced, they were in uproar as they could easily fill the 4,500 tickets they were due under Cup rules.

So, pathetic or otherwise, Palace fans seem to feel pretty much the same about this one: some can be arsed, many can't.

Genuine question. If we beat Palace and draw Man City at Home will you go to that?

I've no idea. I'll judge each game on merit. I was one of the few who bought a ticket AND went to Bournemouth away in the League Cup - that one appealed. Arsenal at home in the Cup a few years ago didn't appeal so I didn't go. I have no idea what the magic ingredient is that makes me want to go or not but some games have it and some don't. Often the midweek games in obscure Northern places are the ones I will bother with - Rotherham away last season for example.

Seemly some albion fan on twitter is ashamed and embarrassed of the supporters who are not going. Bless

I'm almost tempted to go tomorrow night. Not to watch the game but to give a hug to all those feeling embarrassed about it all, poor lambs.

And yet over 28,000 turned up for Stoke.

Oh, that's different because it was before Christmas, already paid for blah, blah, blah.

23,000 had "free" tickets. And the league is more important.

The number of threads we've seen on here over the years because "Club X forum are chatting shit about us" or "Pundit doesn't give us credit" or "Random Players doesn't think we'll go up" suggests people do care though.

It all comes from a place of caring about the club we support. It's a shame we're all so comfortable being rude to each other for thinking in different ways.

I'm not being rude - I'm very much live and let live. But I don't care what other fans think about Albion fans. If nothing else, experience suggests there's absolutely nothing I can do to change their views.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
We wanted to take a family member who had not been to the Amex before but we're not able to buy a ticket as he has no purchasing history. It is therefore even more difficult for the club to sell the remaining tickets as they can only fish in a pool that is restricted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We wanted to take a family member who had not been to the Amex before but we're not able to buy a ticket as he has no purchasing history. It is therefore even more difficult for the club to sell the remaining tickets as they can only fish in a pool that is restricted.

There's a good 10,000 or so season ticket holders/points harvesters who might let you buy a ticket using their account.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
you must know somone who could help you out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Do you know a season ticket holder that can buy a guest ticket for them?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall for Sussex by the sea*

*unless its on a monday night, on telly against a team who some of their fans wear hoodies and let off bangers

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever happens, our attendance will be pretty respectable compared to some this weekend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've finally relented and bought mine for tomorrow night, despite every logical part of my brain telling me not to, but feck it!!
I'm like Barber in the transfer window me, keep them waiting.....

Woohoo, 10,000 to go!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Palace have either not sold out their 2,000 tickets or have only just managed to do so today. They had to keep adding new phases with fewer loyalty points because those stated when tickets first went on sale didn't buy all the tickets. When the ticketing details were announced, they were in uproar as they could easily fill the 4,500 tickets they were due under Cup rules.

So, pathetic or otherwise, Palace fans seem to feel pretty much the same about this one: some can be arsed, many can't.

I've no idea. I'll judge each game on merit. I was one of the few who bought a ticket AND went to Bournemouth away in the League Cup - that one appealed. Arsenal at home in the Cup a few years ago didn't appeal so I didn't go. I have no idea what the magic ingredient is that makes me want to go or not but some games have it and some don't. Often the midweek games in obscure Northern places are the ones I will bother with - Rotherham away last season for example.

I'm almost tempted to go tomorrow night. Not to watch the game but to give a hug to all those feeling embarrassed about it all, poor lambs.

23,000 had "free" tickets. And the league is more important.

I'm not being rude - I'm very much live and let live. But I don't care what other fans think about Albion fans. If nothing else, experience suggests there's absolutely nothing I can do to change their views.

Be honest, you’re still thinking about going aren’t you :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here