Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yes, I think you're correct.

But what I'm saying is, is that we've built this rivalry up, and it really isn't going to live up to it. I just think the whole rivalry thing should come to an end because it is a joke.
But that is exactly our point. Palace at home haven't had massive attendances against us. We would all like to see full houses against our rivals but this match just does not catch the imagination after playing them not long ago, Monday night, after Christmas, reserves playing ect ect ect. So all in all anything over 18k will be a reasonable attendance.
I went to thee Palace game recently and I have been to many a fiesty accounter home and away over the years but I just can be arsed to go to this one and go to work next day after a few hours sleep. I just don't give a toss what people think who are watching on the telebox. I hope it's a cracking game for those who attend though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think people get how bad this is going to look for us.

A half empty stadium against our arch rivals. It shouldn't matter if it's in the Cup.

I reckon more fans of other clubs will be watching this one on the TV too because of the VAR, and they are going to think we are small time.

List all the excuses you want. It's not going to make a difference to them.

Perhaps 10,000 of our fans live over 50 miles away, and so can't get to the game. If that is the case, then this has been a total over reaction on my part.

Blimey some people need to get a life. 'i don't think people get how bad this is going to look for us'

I also think you are underestimating the amount of people who live/work far away - we have a high number of fans up in london for example, either working or living, or both. I know a number of others who aren't going tomo because they don't live in Sussex and can watch on telly rather than spend 25 quid for a lot of hassle to attend a third round cup game on monday. These a dedicated fans who have spent a great deal of money watching us for donkeys years.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
But that is exactly our point. Palace at home haven't had massive attendances against us. We would all like to see full houses against our rivals but this match just does not catch the imagination after playing them not long ago, Monday night, after Christmas, reserves playing ect ect ect. So all in all anything over 18k will be a reasonable attendance.
I went to thee Palace game recently and I have been to many a fiesty accounter home and away over the years but I just can be arsed to go to this one and go to work next day after a few hours sleep. I just don't give a toss what people think who are watching on the telebox. I hope it's a cracking game for those who attend though.

If I was watching a third round game on a Monday night between, say Boro and Sunderland like yesterdays game - which im sure would have seen a similar attendance to our game had it actually been tomo night on telly - id think nothing of the ground being half full. The magic of the cup died ages ago, everyone knows that, and its the third round. And im pretty sure James from Preston or wherever watching tomo couldnt give a flying f#ck about our rivalry with palace anyway.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, I think you're correct.

But what I'm saying is, is that we've built this rivalry up, and it really isn't going to live up to it. I just think the whole rivalry thing should come to an end because it is a joke.

So you spend ages saying that we should all be embarrassed for not selling out as we are playing our biggest rivals, and then conclude that we shouldn't really bother as it's not worth bothering about. :ffsparr:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club get the attendance they deserve for opting not to play this FA Cup third round tie on FA Cup third round tie weekend.

Sunday lunchtime kick off would have been perfect and would have added a minimum five thousand to the gate (and **** the trains)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
13,000 at the Riverside yesterday for Middlesbrough v Sunderland. Alright, not the biggest rivalry up there, but still only 30 miles apart.
I don't think Boro or Sunderland are a joke as a result (well, I might do Boro, but not for that reason).

People aren't bothered about the Cup, apart from in the final rounds, and fans of minnow clubs drawn against so-called giants.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
13,000 at the Riverside yesterday for Middlesbrough v Sunderland. Alright, not the biggest rivalry up there, but still only 30 miles apart.
I don't think Boro or Sunderland are a joke as a result (well, I might do Boro, but not for that reason).

People aren't bothered about the Cup, apart from in the final rounds, and fans of minnow clubs drawn against so-called giants.

Eh? 26,399 there yesterday Edna.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why do you give a shit about what people you’ll never meet and have no influence upon your life think about you, your football club and/or you club’s fan base?

Seemly some albion fan on twitter is ashamed and embarrassed of the supporters who are not going. Bless

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

I know they haven't had massive attendance since against us. But to have less than 13,000 turn up really isn't good, is it? How about we don't have any fans there? I'm sure no one will care.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Blimey some people need to get a life. 'i don't think people get how bad this is going to look for us'

I also think you are underestimating the amount of people who live/work far away - we have a high number of fans up in london for example, either working or living, or both. I know a number of others who aren't going tomo because they don't live in Sussex and can watch on telly rather than spend 25 quid for a lot of hassle to attend a third round cup game on monday. These a dedicated fans who have spent a great deal of money watching us for donkeys years.

So we have over 10,000 fans who live outside of Sussex? Lol ok mate.

I'm sure you won't care seeing the ground half empty. Because anyone who does obviously needs to get a life.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So you spend ages saying that we should all be embarrassed for not selling out as we are playing our biggest rivals, and then conclude that we shouldn't really bother as it's not worth bothering about. :ffsparr:

I've concluded that because of the amount of tickets we've sold. Have you not got that yet?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The club get the attendance they deserve for opting not to play this FA Cup third round tie on FA Cup third round tie weekend.

Sunday lunchtime kick off would have been perfect and would have added a minimum five thousand to the gate (and **** the trains)

And yet over 28,000 turned up for Stoke.

Oh, that's different because it was before Christmas, already paid for blah, blah, blah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here