Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Possibly.....we were front row as well so facing into it. Will be glad to be back downstairs next time !

Sat esu up the south end a third of the way up, didn't even get the woolly hat out tbh, great views no queues for loos and transport very small wait and left after final whistle after waving goodbye to our chums. Tbh honest the 15,000 weazles can stay away altogether, much better experience without them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do hope the 12,000 or so Brighton fans who did bother are rewarded in some way. Five loyalty points isn't enough!

We were, with a cracking game, great atmosphere and seeing Murray score a last (ish) minute winner against Palace, that's all I needed

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The reality is as soon as we were drawn against them we all went, “oh for ****s sake” instead of “oh good, another belter of a derby”.

We’d barely finished cleaning up from the last time they were down and then had to put on another spread for some very ungreatful guests. No one could be ****ed. Especially looking at the previous logistical shambles, over hype and drab 0-0.

The other acknowledgment in all this is how we regard the FA Cup now. Unless you’re going to get to the final it’s a burden on the squad and club resources. Wasn’t long ago that we would be bouncing off the walls to be in round 3. A sign of how far we’ve come. PL survival is paramount, everything else a bonus.

what nonsense.

Was a cracking draw against your rivals . Backed up by the hardcore turning out and making good noise.

Great evening

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
From the away end, the ground looked very empty. But I have to admit that you made more noise than with the ground full. More critical mass of the hardcore?

Was a nice change to find that every Albion fan I chatted to on the way home was committed and knowledgeable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the away end, the ground looked very empty. But I have to admit that you made more noise than with the ground full. More critical mass of the hardcore?

Was a nice change to find that every Albion fan I chatted to on the way home was committed and knowledgeable.

You lot were very quiet apart from when u got the goal...must have been very disappointed with the first half ...seemed to show no ambition even after going a goal behind

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You lot were very quiet apart from when u got the goal...must have been very disappointed with the first half ...seemed to show no ambition even after going a goal behind

I thought they made a lot of noise to be honest, well into the 2nd half too. I'm normally over in the East, but was close to them in the West this time. Thought they made quite a racket.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As someone who made a rather late decision to attend I must say it was one of the most enjoyable games for a while, and as others have said, a great atmosphere despite the empty seats.

I have to say the Palace lot played their part too. Their team didn't look like they'd come for a win but their fans made a decent noise at times and from East Upper I didn't detect anything that went beyond good-natured rivalry.

It would have been great to have had a full house for a game that will live in the memory for a long time, but people have their reasons for staying away and it didn't impact on my enjoyment of the evening at all.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

You must have been in the North Stand, we were making plenty of noise for most of the game. :D

Personally I wasn't too disappointed as I don't often get to see the reserves play and it was good to assess them. A mixed bag.

Very relieved to dodge the bullet of yet another trip to Boro.

You must have been in the North Stand, we were making plenty of noise for most of the game. :D

Personally I wasn't too disappointed as I don't often get to see the reserves play and it was good to assess them. A mixed bag.

Palace noise ok till we scored then quiet till they scored, sitting esu up the south end tbf.

You've been on this board too long mate, you are sounding like a Brighton fan now.:ffsparr:

As someone who made a rather late decision to attend I must say it was one of the most enjoyable games for a while, and as others have said, a great atmosphere despite the empty seats.

I have to say the Palace lot played their part too. Their team didn't look like they'd come for a win but their fans made a decent noise at times and from East Upper I didn't detect anything that went beyond good-natured rivalry.

It would have been great to have had a full house for a game that will live in the memory for a long time, but people have their reasons for staying away and it didn't impact on my enjoyment of the evening at all.

Tbh honest the no shows made it more enjoyable and less of a ball ache getting in and out and grabbing drinks etc. But yes one of the more enjoyable games to watch.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
From middle of WSU thought the Palace fans made quite a bit of noise as they sang in unison...

The game was good and we really should have sown it up 3 or 4 nil but we won.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Bloody brilliant night! Booked our normal season ticket seats in ESU but could sit where we wanted so moved to great seats in 3rd row... they must be the best seats in the ground!
So easy to get in and out and easily get served beer/food and use loos.
Fantastic match topped off by Muzza’s winner!!!
One of my fave Amex matches!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here