Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Call two thirds full, looks like we could have sold 40k for the Liverpool game, sad that people will turn up to see the premiere stars but won't turn up for a competitive cup tie. That's sky soccer for ya and the sheep mentality of rubbishing Cup football. Sad times for those that loved all those special Cup games over the years.:down:

‘Competitive cup tie’ ..hmm depends how that’s defined.

You do puzzle me though ..all this interest and yet you gave the impression that over the last few years you were more interested in Bradford and non league football and yet now you are having a pop at peeps who have decided for one reason or another to give it a miss :shrug:

You do puzzle me though ..all this interest and yet you gave the impression that over the last few years you were more interested in Bradford and non league football and yet now you are having a pop at peeps who have decided for one reason or another to give it a miss :shrug:
True I watch non league and like to catch a couple of Bradford games a season but not sure why I would not be interested in Brighton after watching them for 47 seasons. Finding it hard to be a fan of the modern game and all that goes with it but that does not mean you can just switch off. That would be fickle. Hope that helps explain my motives Lamie.

It's quite simple. He needs an excuse to sneer at people.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
True I watch non league and like to catch a couple of Bradford games a season but not sure why I would not be interested in Brighton after watching them for 47 seasons. Finding it hard to be a fan of the modern game and all that goes with it but that does not mean you can just switch off. That would be fickle. Hope that helps explain my motives Lamie.

Oh I know you are a long term fan...but you have been quite critical of the club (not saying that’s wrong) over the last few years ..especially over cost of football etc and given the impression you were more interested elsewhere (non league has its attractions) ..so it seems a bit strange that you should be critical of people not going ..but then you aren’t exactly the only one :)

I’m going so obviously want to see us win...but the priority remains with the PL (this year)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

i think hes been to the odd game here and there hes certainly not a regular.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

double.post

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why wouldn't any real Brighton fan be up for this game?

Plenty of reasons on this thread alone:

The weather
Monday, because that's harder than any other weekday somehow
It's January I'm skint
FA Cup - meh!
Those hooded blokes who look like they would snap in half with a nasty fall will be there
Loud bangs scare my children
Not going because I OBJECT to the rivalry
Two reserve teams (actually fringe players who have played for us many times this season already)
Trains - classic

Then there's the utterly outraged minority who have legitimate excuses and take it personally, like distance to travel, personal reasons, work commitments and such.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Monday night for me and the way the police will segregate and organise us so you could be stuck up there for 2 hours after the game . Not TV as i ve been to every tv game . Just Monday night - school night - and it was unpleasant last time . Stupid decision to have the game then

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe now the trains are running we will see a few more snapped up. So we should see a gate currently of around 18-20k? That's the same as what we got at home against Wrexham in the cup a few seasons back I think...? :facepalm:

It probably depends on whether they announce all 1901ers in the attendance, regardless of whether they turn up or not, and how many seats are lost due to the enlarged sterile (firework) area.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Plenty of reasons on this thread alone:

The weather - woofter
Monday, because that's harder than any other weekday somehow - woofter
It's January I'm skint - fair one
FA Cup - meh! - hhmm
Those hooded blokes who look like they would snap in half with a nasty fall will be there - woofter
Loud bangs scare my children - woofter(s)
Not going because I OBJECT to the rivalry - big woofter
Two reserve teams (actually fringe players who have played for us many times this season already) - woofter
Trains - classic - fair one

Then there's the utterly outraged minority who have legitimate excuses and take it personally, like distance to travel, personal reasons, work commitments and such.

I've added to this for you

Overall score

Woofter.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Although I was very much undecided about this for financial reasons, I'm really surprised how uninterested fans are generally. If we were in different divisions and this was a one off, I'm sure it would be different.

Hopefully there'll be a load of 'print at home' action at the 11th hour though!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I've heard the South West corner is now going to be empty and filled with buckets of sand so the Ultras can safely extinguish their sparklers.

I am scared as Ultras are good at fighting and in general Crystal Palace fans are really tough and will chase us all away. I am not going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here