Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For those who know him, I bumped into the legend that is 'the Doc' today (in Uckfield of all places). He was looking really well too. He's going tomorrow and it'll be his first game of the season. Doesn't go to the Amex anymore because he finds it too 'corporate' but couldn't miss a cup game against Palace! Some people still get excited about it...

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
For those who know him, I bumped into the legend that is 'the Doc' today (in Uckfield of all places). He was looking really well too. He's going tomorrow and it'll be his first game of the season. Doesn't go to the Alex anymore because he finds it too 'corporate' but couldn't miss a cup game against Palace! Some people still get excited about it...

He was a Crewe fan?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You shouldn't need to be bribed to go to an FA Cup game against your arch rivals, no matter what day it's on.

No, absolutely you shouldn't, which is why I said I hope they give out a load of loyalty points on Tuesday, retrospectively, to reward the fans who did show some loyalty.

Fwiw, and that's not a lot, my opinion is that we have no chance of winning the Premier league, probably never will have, but we only need to win six games to win the F.A. Cup. We are not so big that this wouldn't matter to us.

OK tomorrow will probably see a few players get a chance that haven't played regularly this season, the likes of Baldock (hopefully), Krul, Kayal, maybe even Lua Lua, but don't you think these guys might perform a hell of a lot better if they walked out onto the pitch and the stands were packed and the atmosphere was buzzing?

Hughton has his reasons for fielding a weakened team, so does Hodgeson, we know the clubs priority is Premier League survival but if we are not trying to win a competition we actually have a chance in, then why bother?

The club may be apathetic towards this game, doesn't mean the fans have to be.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No, I want to watch a game where both clubs and managers were trying their damnedest to win, and selected their full strength side to try and do just that. That would be treating the rivalry with the reverence it deserves. It would mean winning (and losing for that matter) counted for something.

As it is, for me at least, it doesn't at all. Losers to winners tomorrow night: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April."

To forget a moment that this is your forum - shame on you!!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
For those who know him, I bumped into the legend that is 'the Doc' today (in Uckfield of all places). He was looking really well too. He's going tomorrow and it'll be his first game of the season. Doesn't go to the Amex anymore because he finds it too 'corporate' but couldn't miss a cup game against Palace! Some people still get excited about it...

But not excited enough for the league game against Palace? :shrug:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No, absolutely you shouldn't, which is why I said I hope they give out a load of loyalty points on Tuesday, retrospectively, to reward the fans who did show some loyalty.

Fwiw, and that's not a lot, my opinion is that we have no chance of winning the Premier league, probably never will have, but we only need to win six games to win the F.A. Cup. We are not so big that this wouldn't matter to us.

OK tomorrow will probably see a few players get a chance that haven't played regularly this season, the likes of Baldock (hopefully), Krul, Kayal, maybe even Lua Lua, but don't you think these guys might perform a hell of a lot better if they walked out onto the pitch and the stands were packed and the atmosphere was buzzing?

Hughton has his reasons for fielding a weakened team, so does Hodgeson, we know the clubs priority is Premier League survival but if we are not trying to win a competition we actually have a chance in, then why bother?

The club may be apathetic towards this game, doesn't mean the fans have to be.

It's a shame we're so, "yeah it'll be reserves" rather than, "ffs Hughton, you better play your strongest side".

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, I want to watch a game where both clubs and managers were trying their damnedest to win, and selected their full strength side to try and do just that. That would be treating the rivalry with the reverence it deserves. It would mean winning (and losing for that matter) counted for something.

As it is, for me at least, it doesn't at all. Losers to winners tomorrow night: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April."

You are of course right. I shall be there though, as it is the cup and you can but dream!! At least there should be small queues at the concessions and we might get the first round of buses back to Mill Rd!!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All goes out of the window for me because it's Palace. If they win don't they make the head to head even? Or will be one behind, something like that.

It's even at the moment - 37 wins each and 25 draws (all competitions). Whoever wins tomorrow, edges ahead.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You can't buy a guest ticket if they haven't been before so it would have to be bought in the STHs name so we gave up,

Yeah and a season ticket guest ticket is always in the season ticket holder's name but an additional ticket (ie the season ticket holder has 2 tickets in their name).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you haven't made up your mind please come its is important to the team and I happy to see other players get a game as we need to build our squad strength and I support TB he put a big effort to get to games.
I understand it's a school night.:albion2:

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
You are of course right. I shall be there though, as it is the cup and you can but dream!! At least there should be small queues at the concessions and we might get the first round of buses back to Mill Rd!!!!

Confused, are you talking about mill road park and ride?

Isn’t it closed and only used for league games, This is the reason I’m not going to the game tonight!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Confused, are you talking about mill road park and ride?

Isn’t it closed and only used for league games, This is the reason I’m not going to the game tonight!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/important-travel-update-for-palace-match/

fdf.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So what’s the estimated attendance tonight ?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Well I’m looking forward to it, forget the no-shows and their excuses. Let’s hope the ones in attendance are present because this rivalry still means something to them and they’re rewarded with a proper atmosphere and an Albion win!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope we win or else the blame will fully lie with those who didn't go..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Well I’m looking forward to it, forget the no-shows and their excuses. Let’s hope the ones in attendance are present because this rivalry still means something to them and they’re rewarded with a proper atmosphere and an Albion win!

Tbh a 20k crowd for anyone in the 3rd round should be expected. If the Albion field a poor side in a game like this I think it could be my last Amex game for quite a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here