Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
How have we not even sold 12k tickets when the thread stated 12k remaining ages ago when it was started!?

Because that was how many were remaining then. There was only about 21,776 available to home fans when the game went on sale.

After the initial clamour for tickets, not many were sold. It suggests people made their minds up very early on that they weren't going, no matter how the trains were running or what team we were going to put out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even with a decent attendance there were lots of empty seats. The Amex will look much worse on the telly on Monday.

Imagine if we had West Ham's white seats :ohmy:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
And the reason for that is the club did a bring a friend for £10 promotion. Marketing does work. If the club had got the pricing and loyalty points allocation correct for this one, the stadium would be full.

Good point but the majority of people who were there didn't pay £10. This game is effectively around £20. The amount of loyalty points to be given was decided when the new system came about. I don't think making it a bit cheaper would have got much more fans to come anyway, well not in a cost effective way. It's seems the fans that are not coming have a load of other excuses anyway. Don't forget both clubs have to agree to the pricing.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
From the moment that this fixture was announced I was determined not to go. I hate games against Palace, the last one was miserable from start to finish, we won't play a full-strength side and it's on TV anyway.

But to give credit to the posters on here who keep saying "it's an FA Cup game against our biggest rivals, how could you NOT want to be there?", I've cracked. Just bought two tickets and suddenly looking forward to it.

Funny. Atleast the supporters will be there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just brought 4.

Last minute surge? Wouldn't it be great if all the people on NSC who defiantly said they weren't going changed their minds?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just counted up, 10336, after buying mine. Chose West Lower, close to the dugouts, only part of the Amex I haven't been in. Won't be like the North but be interesting to get a Hughton eye view of the match. Really hope we sell more over the weekend but there is certainly going to be thousands of empty seats sadly

Just did a count up, still 10114, so only 200 odd sold in a day and a half. Going to be 10k empty seats plus the sterile area. Poor effort

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just did a count up, still 10114, so only 200 odd sold in a day and a half. Going to be 10k empty seats plus the sterile area. Poor effort

Plus all the 1901ers who don't bother, which I'm guessing will be at least half of them.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hopefully the c.15K Albion fans in attendance will significantly more than half fill the NS, ESL, WSL and front rows of the two upper tiers...

After watching games yesterday and looking at the Andy Naylor thread I am rowing back on the "reserve teams" (inc. U23s) theme - more like "1st team squad players"...

Our relegation rivals certainly didn't get the memo about trying to get knocked out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And the reason for that is the club did a bring a friend for £10 promotion. Marketing does work. If the club had got the pricing and loyalty points allocation correct for this one, the stadium would be full.

It was bring a friend for £15 v Stoke.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The real issue for me is that the Palace fans will fill their allocation & very likely out sing (hopefully not) those who have turned up & waving their shitty flags look great on TV making us look like a poorly supported club against our supposed main rivals. I am going to make the effort but I am apprehensive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The real issue for me is that the Palace fans will fill their allocation & very likely out sing (hopefully not) those who have turned up & waving their shitty flags look great on TV making us look like a poorly supported club against our supposed main rivals. I am going to make the effort but I am apprehensive.

Not worried about that at all. Palace haven't shifted about a quarter of their tickets either have they?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m still gobsmacked by this. I know it’s monday night but we still managed to turn up for Stoke in numbers on a Monday night. I don’t get what the issue is. Yes the club could have priced it lower and I suspect they realise that, but nonetheless £25 for watching us try and beat our greatest rivals is still pretty good value. Especially as there are plenty of good seats left.

I don’t get the comments about the hassle involved of it being Palace either. Let’s be honest we really didn’t see very much hooligan activity did we. Not by historic standards anyway.

I’d be interested in the correlation between those that went to Gillingham and Withdean and kept the club going and those that are showing up tomorrow night. There is no denying that we have a fairly considerable plastic support now and this match really shows how much. Probably a similar correlation to those that leave early and the no shows as well. No back bone apparently.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It is approx half the distance for away fans. But in any case, by that measure, it is considerably closer for the majority of both sets of supporters.

I'm talking about the lack of home fans. Not the amount of away fans or the distance they have to travel.

How is Middlesbrough's ground closer to Middlesbrough fans than The Amex is to most Albion fans?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

I don’t think they have sold out, only sold 1500 the other day apparently, which is probably why the sad Palace twats on here haven’t been all over this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here