Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £2.5k for a PSL...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm still struggling to see there is anywhere near that amount of value to most fans. I think I'm right in saying that it's been possible for Bronze members to buy tickets for every game to date, and I can't see that changing.

It'll appeal to the type of people that bought season tickets years ago but hardly ever turn up, so they have a seat 'just in case' they want to watch a game. Not as uncommon as you might think - I know a fewl people in London that do this for the 'big' clubs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone can put any price they like on anything they wish to sell.

However, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Sounds a bit like the Brexit divorce negotiations.

*ducks*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The club intentionally didn't sell the ground out with season tickets so there are always match-by-match tickets sold.

Ignoring club rivalry for a minute, palace made a similar decision when we last came back up to the Premier League. It seems an odd decision from a business perspective, guaranteed income rejected in favour of projected potential income.

I can see the ‘new blood’ argument but wouldn’t an effective ticket exchange sort that?

That only leaves the resale market...

I find it amazing that, for less popular games, there are loads of foreigners in the block of the Arthur supposedly only available to members.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Then i withdraw my reason for being ridiculously overcharged to watch a game of football and apologize , i can only think the seats in question must be heated and have a 80 minute Thai Massage option built in .

don't tell me......the masseuses leave before the final whistle !!

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone can put any price they like on anything they wish to sell.

However, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

These are the wisest words in the world and apply to all walks of life.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The club intentionally didn't sell the ground out with season tickets so there are always match-by-match tickets sold. If you are a Bronze member then you have first dibs on those, so as long as you move relatively quickly you'll always be able to get tickets to each game.

i think i've had emails inviting me to buy tickets for every game up to the Liverpool game, and im not even Bronze member.

i dont believe these tickets, theres just not the market. i wonder, do fashionable clubs such as Stoke, Burnley and Crystal Palace have similar offers?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Then i withdraw my reason for being ridiculously overcharged to watch a game of football and apologize , i can only think the seats in question must be heated and have a 80 minute Thai Massage option built in .

At £2.5k the massage needs to have a happy ending, and PSL needs to stand for Private Suite Lapdance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think i've had emails inviting me to buy tickets for every game up to the Liverpool game, and im not even Bronze member.

i dont believe these tickets, theres just not the market. i wonder, do fashionable clubs such as Stoke, Burnley and Crystal Palace have similar offers?

So do I and I am a STH. I have never worked that one out!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Update:

Now going for a bargain-basement £1,500 each.

:lolol:

I've just sold my 50-year (lifetime) 1901 seat licence to my AMEX neighbour for the unexpired term of the licence * original cost, so 43/50*1175 (£1k + VAT at time of purchase) = £1010.50 so that I could get two new 1901 seats together from the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This could well be of significant value to someone who's currently on the ST waiting list in position 4,000 or something. They could get a ST now, instead of waiting N years, where N is presumably a very large number.
N equals the number of years we have left in the PL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a choice at the time the stadium opened of a lifetime PSL for 1k plus vat or a five year one (I think) for £500 plus vat. Did anyone on here go with the cheaper option and if so what was the renewal cost after five years and did the club offer the upgrade to a lifetime PSL, and if so how much was it?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I’ve tried to understand the concept but just don’t get it :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There was a choice at the time the stadium opened of a lifetime PSL for 1k plus vat or a five year one (I think) for £500 plus vat. Did anyone on here go with the cheaper option and if so what was the renewal cost after five years and did the club offer the upgrade to a lifetime PSL, and if so how much was it?

Dunno about the PSL - but the 1901 ones were exactly the same cost initially and, for them, the cost to renew the 5-year one was £500 and the cost of a lifetime one at the 5-year point remained at £1k, both plus VAT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here