Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What pub is this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It looks like the pub frontage as is has been almost restored to what it looked like 100 years ago, but at some point in the past (assume 70s/80s) it looked different.

No, as posted by several, the bit in the original photo is almost entirely the bit in the far right. That bit was compltely demolished (late 70s or arly 80s) and then rebuilt completely differently a bit later. The photo you show has the 'completely differently' bit predominant in it. The main front of the pub is hardly visible apart from in the far left of the quiz photo. That looks like it is unchanged from the early 20th century. I posted three pictures showing all 3 stages of the pub a day or so ago (click on the pdf and it will open).

I love the way this thread rumbles on with naysayers (including me briefly) piping up, rather like a pub discussion about Hurst's first goal, C**** R******'s sexuality, Lord Lucan's whereabouts and whether the moonlanding was faked.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, as posted by several, the bit in the original photo is almost ntireely the bit in the far right. That bit was compltely demolished (late 70s or arly 80s) and then rebuilt completely differently a bit later. The photo you show has the 'compltely differently' bit in it. The main front of the pub is hardly visible apart from in the far left of the quix photo. That looks lik it is unchanged from the early 20th cntury. I poste three pictures showing all 3 stages of the pub a day or so ago (click on the pdf and it will open).

I love the way this thread rumbles on with naysayers (including me briefly) piping up, rather like a pub discussion about Hurst's first goal, C**** R******'s sexuality, Lord Lucan's whereabouts and whether the moonlanding was faked.

Thanks.....I've been past the pub loads of times, going to have a closer look next time ! This thread has been brilliant (even if a few us now look like twats :laugh:)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
a3afb1deff2b49366d875f1012bf1cbc--garden-table-beer-garden.jpg

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
So why is it, with the original pub, the two photos were of a crappy extension and not the backdrop of a lovely river or classic pub?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here