Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What pub is this?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't find any decent photos of the pub back in the 80s but could it be the Golden Lion at the Strand in Worthing? The windows look similar, it's got parking at the front and a sloping roof too.

goldenlion-pub.JPG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The windows there are all 'sticky-outy', the original were 'flats'.

...also looks like the photo in the OP has wooden slats....good effort but doesn’t look like the same place.

This is doing my effing head in [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I reckon we’ll eventually find out it’s not in Sussex at all....

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Funnily enough, thinking along the same lines, I spent a couple of hours checking out pubs in Kent near to the Sussex border yesterday.

Without success.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think the picture is deceiving, I dont think its the front of a pub. Could easily be the back of a pub ?

Agreed re possibly back of pub......or hotel.

Also is the single storey section of the building curved, or just the way the photo was taken/scanned?

We need to get more detective like!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thanks for the interest in this detective drama. I’ve sought the owner’s permission to publish the whole picture. Please excuse the poor photoshopping. And yes, I think the original picture is a bit creased hence the kink in the roof line.

8CF7AF03-22EE-4BE0-8817-B442B22E34CD.jpeg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the interest in this detective drama. I’ve sought the owner’s permission to publish the whole picture. Please excuse the poor photoshopping. And yes, I think the original picture is a bit creased hence the kink in the roof line.

View attachment 92197

You better photoshop out the reflection. That is a kinky hemline...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here