Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What pub is this?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is this thread the reason NSC is so impossible to leave? Memory lane, pubs, lovely Sussex building (which happen to be pubs), wit, innuendo and no obvious resolution in sight. Fantastic.

PS I do not think that the pub/bar is called Memory Lane (there is one in Scotland, slightly different aspect) before some boob suggests that I am wrong.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
White Heart West Hoahley?

Has it been mentioned?

Its got the sloping roof on the left and lack of tree cover.

76dcfe62688b78a782c682aa4a2cb740.jpg

That is absolutely the White Hart north of Ardingly. It has now been converted to a house.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for the interest in this detective drama. I’ve sought the owner’s permission to publish the whole picture. Please excuse the poor photoshopping. And yes, I think the original picture is a bit creased hence the kink in the roof line.

View attachment 92197

Someone else suggested the Shipley Bridge in Burstow. Could well be the west side of that pub.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
This is the best picture for our detective work. Let's list what we can or can't see.
A line of maybe white light bulbs about 2' apart above Windows.
No pub sign. Flat fronted(building not figure). Interesting porch.
Blackboard. Bollards. Seating area. Hanging baskets mismatching.
Huge trees in summer leaf.

I've still no ******* idea.

The building isn’t fat fronted, the single storey section on the left sticks out further than the main building.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
This probably won't help :)lolol:) but that's an Opel Manta parked in the background in a private space? Resorted to Googling "pub landlord sussex Opel Manta".....of course that revealed nothing.
It looks like it might be in a park or a sailing club or something??
As you were.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The building isn’t fat fronted, the single storey section on the left sticks out further than the main building.

True. I hadn't noticed that. I meant the windows were not bays but set flat.

Sure I'll get it now..............

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think it could be the back of the Black Lion and the location, the car, maybe a rally

This probably won't help :)lolol:) but that's an Opel Manta parked in the background in a private space? Resorted to Googling "pub landlord sussex Opel Manta".....of course that revealed nothing.
It looks like it might be in a park or a sailing club or something??
As you were.....

The Opel Manta could belong to a guest staying there, I still think Black Lion .... jus need Chicken Run to report back .... wonder what's keeping them
:drink:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The Opel Manta could belong to a guest staying there, I still think Black Lion .... jus need Chicken Run to report back .... wonder what's keeping them
:drink:

If it’s the Black Lion at Patcham, i’ll save you the wait, it’s not right.

Here’s a photo of the Church Hill entrance.

CD114A24-4BC4-4FE6-A757-E41D9ED24E50.jpeg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My dad was witness to a shooting there (car park of the Black Lion) in the 70s. In those days
it made national news. i was brought up in the area.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
He also met Marty Wilde there on one occasion (father of Kim). Said he was a top bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here