Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jason Puncheon arrested

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
If this is how CP players behave, its not surprising that their idiot fans take weapons to games.

If found guilty, I hope the FA will also take action.
Never been a fan of that to be honest. It's either a football matter or a police matter. No need for two bites at the cherry.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Tend to agree...it should be up to the club if further action is to be taken
I think in this situation, where he's been nicked in public, it automatically becomes a police matter. There are some grey areas though

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think in this situation, where he's been nicked in public, it automatically becomes a police matter. There are some grey areas though

Oh I agree.....I just can see that if charged and found guilty that the club may decide he shouldn’t be captain...but this is all speculation on my part and I should have been clearer in my first post

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
At the moment a lot of speculation but not a lot of difference here to the Ben Stokes case. It needs to go to Court for the facts to come out and if proven to be punished accordingly.
If Palace feel fit to punish the player that's up to them, however as with the ECB and Stokes I reckon they will suspend the player until he appears in court or is sentenced.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh I agree.....I just can see that if charged and found guilty that the club may decide he shouldn’t be captain...but this is all speculation on my part and I should have been clearer in my first post

Yeah I agree but of course there is a difference between being charged and being found guilty. Whilst the likelihood looks like he has misbehaved, just a little bit tired of the police, media, and social media being judge jury and executioner. Leave it to the old bill and let him try to get on with his day job (not that he is doing a lot right now) until he is tried in court. Innocent until proven guilty just doesnt exist anymore

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
If this is how CP players behave, its not surprising that their idiot fans take weapons to games.

Are you a spokesperson for the Sussex Police? What evidence do you have that Palace fans take weapons to games?

Eye witness at the scene asserts that he was accosted by six people and took his belt off to defend himself. Video clip on twitter consistent with this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never been a fan of that to be honest. It's either a football matter or a police matter. No need for two bites at the cherry.

Whilst I take your point, there are jobs where a conviction would mean getting the sack.

Btnbelle is fishing or trolling.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

Footballers are role models to many young fans. IMO, if found guilty, JP is not setting a good example, in a club where there is already a problem.

Criminal convictions already have implications for someones employment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Footballers are role models to many young fans. IMO, if found guilty, JP is not setting a good example, in a club where there is already a problem.

What problem? You must be the only person in the south who still believes that Palace fans had weapons. The tv, radio, local press, national press have all said the police got it wrong and there were no weapons.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
What problem? You must be the only person in the south who still believes that Palace fans had weapons. The tv, radio, local press, national press have all said the police got it wrong and there were no weapons.

Fireworks are weapons at a football match.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
To be fair a offensive weapon could mean anything to the Police these days including one of these nasty critters .

6oz-paper-cup-tcup136-white_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here