Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs the East Stand

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The bellends around me in the WSU spend 90 mins every game abusing the players - thankfully they can't be heard. I do try to respect other people's opinions, but I seem to be in a constant state of mental facepalm at matches. The way we were playing on Saturday was continually being mocked throughout the game, along with the players, despite us creating numerous chances and being better than 6th-placed Burnley, particularly in the first half. A big improvement on recent games where we have looked very poor. Not sure if they actually know how to support the team, or what they expect. A constant state of negativity ... what a horrible mindset.

As for Knockaert, I think he's done alright this season. He has to make sure Bruno doesn't get exposed in the Premier League, and that limits him a bit. He keeps the ball well and drives us forward. In recent games I have been surprised to come on here and read posts from some stating he's not up to the Premier League or he's been poor, when in those games I had thought he was one of our better players, including on Saturday. Solly March has been more disappointing this season, for me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have attracted some proper bellend 'fans' on our adventures since moving to the Amex.I know a few Chelsea lads from back in the day who can't stomach the new breed of supporter success brings and unfortunately we have headed in the same direction.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Meanwhile the north Stand continue to put that lot behind the goal at Borrussia Dortmund to shame

01-7010.png :xmas:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We have attracted some proper bellend 'fans' on our adventures since moving to the Amex.I know a few Chelsea lads from back in the day who can't stomach the new breed of supporter success brings and unfortunately we have headed in the same direction.

Indeed. I think the highlight of Saturday's comments from those around me was "Murray was too tired to take the penalty".

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed. I think the highlight of Saturday's comments from those around me was "Murray was too tired to take the penalty".

I had to listen to an idiot new supporter on the P&R bus who was talking to a Burnley fan. He didn’t know what our nickname was before Seagulls, thought it had come about in the 80s (though did know it was in response to their eagles) and then claimed we’d really always been rivals with Millwall. :facepalm:

As for Knocky, I did notice him mouthing off at the East once in the first half, but confess that I was also shouting at him to get up when we had an attack continuing. I’ve no idea what he was responding to specifically, though.
He’s finding his feet and playing well recently, but still seems very fragile when things go against him.

I was told many times on here that if I fail to attend its no problem because we had thousands waiting to replace a bad fan like me:facepalm: only 47 years following the porpoises after all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We have attracted some proper bellend 'fans' on our adventures since moving to the Amex.

We had them long before the AMEX; for example I have been following the club since the Goldstone.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I do like the fact that the Amex is a mirror of the Goldstone in terms of the stands. The North Stand is still our 'kop', the West is where the posh people and directors sit, the South is a bit of an alternative kop to the North, not as noisy but plenty of atmos, and the East is completely silent and full of old men and moaners!

(In case you're wondering, I'm in the East...)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Knockaert v East Stand? Did someone throw their duvet at him?

Knocky does seem a bit precious; wouldn’t happen with players like Jimmy Pillow-Case.

I do like the fact that the Amex is a mirror of the Goldstone in terms of the stands. The North Stand is still our 'kop', the West is where the posh people and directors sit, the South is a bit of an alternative kop to the North, not as noisy but plenty of atmos, and the East is completely silent and full of old men and moaners!

(In case you're wondering, I'm in the East...)

East stand united:moo:

Attachments

• scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 565

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How dare he interup the match day knitting circle ! You’re lucky he didn’t fart in your general direction.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I imagine Knockaert is probably annoyed that our midfielders keep playing the ball behind him, rather than into his stride, and the fact he's double marked most of the time.

As an aside, someone needs to tell our players to look up when they play a pass. So many moves break down because we play the ball behind our wide players rather than in front of them, meaning every move stops in it's tracks...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was in the East, AND I did shout at Knocky a couple of times. It wasn't me he was sulking with, though...

On this particular occasion, he DESERVED the grief he got, frankly. It wasn't for making a mistake - which is entirely forgivable - it was for a lack of effort.

He went down, and just lay there sulking, while Murray and Gross chased down the loose ball. I heard nothing worse than than "****ing GET UP, Knockaert".

I presume the later one on the half way line, that prompted all the Gallic gesticulation, was in response to something stronger.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
some on here are desperate for Knocky to be petulant and fall out with the world , its getting silly.

Read the Argus from last weekend ! He got dropped and is fully behind Hughton and the team.

No issues with Knocky

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
some on here are desperate for Knocky to be petulant and fall out with the world , its getting silly.

Read the Argus from last weekend ! He got dropped and is fully behind Hughton and the team.

No issues with Knocky
I've noticed that too.

The NSC hive 'intelligence' has started to make an issue of Knocky's supposed 'petulance' which really isn't an issue.

It's getting silly now, as you say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here