Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Dianne Abbott at the darts" / Antoine Griezzman fancy dress

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just to confirm, you believe that Diane Abbott deserves rape and death threats?

No, not at all. She deserves to be criticised for not doing her job and some light hearted piss taking for her inability to add up. No one deserves rape or death threats just for doing their job very badly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No, not at all. She deserves to be criticised for not doing her job and some light hearted piss taking for her inability to add up. No one deserves rape or death threats just for doing their job very badly.

Does she actually do her job "very badly" - or has she just had some poor TV appearances?

As ROSM says, has she performed worse in her job than, say, Phillip Hammond? Do you mock him too?

Or do you just join in the mob attacks on Abbott because she's an easier, more distinct target?

I'll be honest - I used to join in the anti-Abbott banter, but then I thought about it… and I stopped it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Certainly not keeping abreast with modern sensibilities. I can't say I'm particularly bothered about people blacking up but I'm not black so doesn't really affect me. I've a mate however who is and I know it bothers him a lot. He's as far from a right-on liberal as you can get too so if it's enough to make him riled then I reckon it probably annoys a lot of people. Aside from anything else, the risk of getting abuse, a punch in the mush or simply barred from going into places should be enough to stop most people from doing it.

I do like the 190 scorecard though. That's quite clever but not so much the rest.

If your black pal is offended by the bloke dressed up.as diane abbott he needs to get a life mate.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I am surprised by some of the responses in this thread. This is clearly unacceptable. Blackface has a historical context of being used to mock black people and their cultures (and has many other racist connotations too). Here, we see blackface being used to mock Dianne Abbot. If you know just the tiniest bit about the history of blackface, surely that's racist and not just being PC?

i dont any of the history of blackface and couldnt give a toss , yesterdays incident was a harmless joke , and black peoe "offended" by it need to man up.a.bit.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There are some humourless buggers on here, trying desperately to reach an 'orgasm' of offence, but because the real joke is about the 190 and not the blacking up, they are gonna be stuck on the vinegar strokes, but getting no further!:(:lolol::wanker:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah, I’m not sure a worker would really have the time or inclination to explain the intricacies of why 'blacking up' to mock a person of colour is inherently offensive - and certainly not if they wanted to keep their job.

Perhaps the idiot could dress up again and ask around in pubs and bars in Abbott’s constituency in Hackney?

he could do , wouldnt find many black.people in them though

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That you think they were criminal gangs says a lot about your ignorance on this matter.

White British people “blacking up” to disguise themselves is a practice centuries old. No doubt some of this was for nefarious purposes but the Black Act was a measure deliberately intended to further oppress the poor and restrict their freedom, to hunt in particular. This was a land grab by the aristocracy and establishment shills.

It’s a shame that people don’t understand their social history in this way because it would avoid problems caused by the hyperbole of someone dressing up at a darts contest, and others seeking to celebrate this country’s rich social history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38559669

That’s why I can compare both stories.......you are part of the problem.

Its getting confusing. As far as some of the more 'right wing' posters on here are concerned, theres loads of 'lefties' in the Tory party now haha

lets condense it down to "bellend" for you dave , you shouldnt find that too confusing :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are some humourless buggers on here, trying desperately to reach an 'orgasm' of offence, but because the real joke is about the 190 and not the blacking up, they are gonna be stuck on the vinegar strokes, but getting no further!:(:lolol::wanker:

Has anyone actually said they were offended on this thread? Not seen one...:shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has anyone actually said they were offended on this thread? Not seen one...:shrug:

There are plenty of people rushing to be offended at the idea people are offended. Do they count?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That you think they were criminal gangs says a lot about your ignorance on this matter.

White British people “blacking up” to disguise themselves is a practice centuries old. No doubt some of this was for nefarious purposes but the Black Act was a measure deliberately intended to further oppress the poor and restrict their freedom, to hunt in particular. This was a land grab by the aristocracy and establishment shills.

It’s a shame that people don’t understand their social history in this way because it would avoid problems caused by the hyperbole of someone dressing up at a darts contest, and others seeking to celebrate this country’s rich social history.

She studied history at Cambridge University. You?

shes thick as 2 short planks it can only have been positive discrimination that got her place

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Just to confirm, you believe that Diane Abbott deserves rape and death threats?

you know full well he doesnt meant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here