Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Post Film Discussion Star Wars TLJ WARNING donít view will contain spoilers

0 Not allowed!
    Well Iíve seen it! Iím a 48 yo massive SW fan and am I alone in being a little disappointed,?

I felt Lukeís contribution was weak, they could have done more with Master Yoda and in most are killing off all the reasons that my generation were getting excited about!!

6/10

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well Iíve seen it! Iím a 48 yo massive SW fan and am I alone in being a little disappointed,?

I felt Lukeís contribution was weak, they could have done more with Master Yoda and in most are killing off all the reasons that my generation were getting excited about!!

6/10
      Not being rude, but The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi, their titles give a clue to the future.
      I agree with you that I'm of the generation of the previous dynasty, but a new storyline keeps things alive.
      When Rey was in Maz Kanatas cellar in the FA, I put the subtitles up to see what the whispered voices were, and seeing who was talking made my mind up that they'd probably feature in the new film.
      I also think that LS will feature again in the next film, as he said he'll always be with KR.
      As a fan I think it was great
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.

0 Not allowed!
      I thought it was utter pish.

Avoid!
      *but you cant because you have to watch it...

0 Not allowed!
      This film sucked giant sized donkey balls proving the theory that Lucas sold it to Disney as revenge for all the heat he had got of fanbois.

There are to many flaws, plot holes etc that I have time to list, someone in a SW group summed it up when she said she cringed all the way through.

A few pointers, Luke throwing the light saber of a cliff and going on to milk some horse/walrus beast to drink its milk. The purpled haired sjw harpy portrayed as a hero and all the male characters portrayed as devious hotheaded imbeciles. Zero character developement, BB8 being the most complex. Full on disneyfication with the Porgs. No point in story unless a food supply for the wookie, at least Ewoks and Jar Jar had roles to play.

Scientific stupidity galore, tracking through hyper space or not being vaccumed in a wrecked dreadnaught. Plot holes like why didn't purple hair ram the dreadnaught when it began blowing up the transporters.

9th best film. 0/10

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Avoid!
      Hopefully no one who opens this thread will need to avoid it as they will have already seen it!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Avoid!
      Well thats it for me, wont bother with the next one.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      I thought it was brilliant. It moved the story on for the next generation IMHO.

The think the problem is that in a way the franchise can't win. It either rehashes the old films or does stuff that 'isn't Star Wars'.(a phrase I have heard a few times while discussing the film). This is a tricky line to tread I think and one that this film worked around successfully.

Watching my two boys in the edge of their seats, mouths open with excitement told me everything I need to know about it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.

1 Not allowed!
      Thought it was great

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      This film sucked giant sized donkey balls proving the theory that Lucas sold it to Disney as revenge for all the heat he had got of fanbois.

There are to many flaws, plot holes etc that I have time to list, someone in a SW group summed it up when she said she cringed all the way through.

A few pointers, Luke throwing the light saber of a cliff and going on to milk some horse/walrus beast to drink its milk. The purpled haired sjw harpy portrayed as a hero and all the male characters portrayed as devious hotheaded imbeciles. Zero character developement, BB8 being the most complex. Full on disneyfication with the Porgs. No point in story unless a food supply for the wookie, at least Ewoks and Jar Jar had roles to play.

Scientific stupidity galore, tracking through hyper space or not being vaccumed in a wrecked dreadnaught. Plot holes like why didn't purple hair ram the dreadnaught when it began blowing up the transporters.

9th best film. 0/10
      With all the hype and pre film gossip I waited with baited breath for a shock an awe moment and the best I got was Luke being able limbo stationary under Rens Sabre. And then it not being him anyway!

Why wasnít Luke exploited as an extremely powerful Jedi Master that he he least must have been rather than a crusty old miserable fart. They killed him off and he wasnít even fighting really!

As for the Leah Superman thing, I was squinting-at that moment !

On reflection Iím a tad annoyed at this offering, at least when I walked out of TFA it was all I talked about for days, saw it again and have watched the DVD twice, this one just didnít go it for me!

Like Rouge One which I really enjoyed btw my hope is they do justice to the Han Sol story!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I enjoyed it. A nice goodbye to Carrie Fisher (despite the flying through space scene, awful). Clearing the decks of the old and developing the new characters that will take the franchise (because it's more than a film series now) forward. You notice the kid at the end using the force to grab his broom? Says rebels and potential heroes all around.

A few too many 'messages' though. How women are strong and heroic (including new main character to cover no Asians in leads). A silly sub-plot to take them on a jaunt to Space Vegas while the fate of the galaxy was in the balance. Probably just to liberate the downtrodden racing animals and to vilify arms dealers.

So, plot problems and Disneyfication for toy sales apart, I'm looking forward to the next episode. The arc of good vs evil not yet played out. Is Ray going dark and Ren will need to save her?