Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202728293031 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be if you could trust the Rotten Tomatoes audience figures, but as there is evidence of a bot attack on the site I'd ignore it and use other scoring sites which don't allow multiple identities.
    user ratings 169,995 The last Jedi
    User Ratings: 225,603 The force awakens
    User Ratings: 33,679,157 Revenge of the sith

Im not seeing a flood of bot votes on RT, also opinion seems pretty even on here as well.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I went to see the film for a second time this weekend and found it much better to watch 2nd time around. On the second viewing I was able to concentrate on the dialogue and small details. I realised I missed loads of good stuff from the first viewing. If people were disappointed first time then maybe consider giving it another go at the cinema.

First viewing was 5/10

Second viewing 8/10.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superseagull View Post
      I went to see the film for a second time this weekend and found it much better to watch 2nd time around. On the second viewing I was able to concentrate on the dialogue and small details. I realised I missed loads of good stuff from the first viewing. If people were disappointed first time then maybe consider giving it another go at the cinema.

First viewing was 5/10

Second viewing 8/10.
      I thought it was very good. I gave it 86 out of 100 and got 8th best film of 2017. Rotten Tomatoes at 50% is suspicious to me, IMDB, a far more reliable guide has it at a solid 7.6 out of 10
      Spielberg is GOD.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      I thought it was very good. I gave it 86 out of 100 and got 8th best film of 2017. Rotten Tomatoes at 50% is suspicious to me, IMDB, a far more reliable guide has it at a solid 7.6 out of 10
      IMDB is a good guide for sussing a decent film.

Although it is let down currently by the current scores of 6.8 and 7.3 for Con Air and Face/Off respectively. They should both be at least 9.7.

0 Not allowed!
      Watched it for the second time yesterday, enjoyed it first time, loved it even more on second viewing.

I think like Empire, time will be kind to this film and will be appreciated as it ages and when it fits into the middle of the finished trilogy.
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      49% now and similar to most other fan vote sites.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

Eh? US was talking about IMDB where it's still rated 7.5/10 from 279,500 votes. Fake news!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

Eh? US was talking about IMDB where it's still rated 7.5/10 from 279,500 votes. Fake news!

That could be an outlier, most in the range 50 to 70%. Arithmetic mean = 7.2

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      IMDB is the movie goers bible and finds a good reflection of a film due to the sheer volume of votes recorded so it is hard to hijack. A Dogs Purpose was hacked with negative votes by anti animal abuse people which turned out to be lies. It has now recovered to 6.9, it should be 8.2 for me

Still it is not perfect, it has ET at 7.9 and Close Encounters at 7.7 and neither in the top 250 films of all time which is of course an absolute joke
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      IMDB is the movie goers bible and finds a good reflection of a film due to the sheer volume of votes recorded so it is hard to hijack. A Dogs Purpose was hacked with negative votes by anti animal abuse people which turned out to be lies. It has now recovered to 6.9, it should be 8.2 for me

Still it is not perfect, it has ET at 7.9 and Close Encounters at 7.7 and neither in the top 250 films of all time which is of course an absolute joke
      Depends on how you measure top, bums on seats or money grossed etc both those films you mentioned I have seen in a top 20 list ET and CE, both imo were good films.