Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jonjo Shelvey

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
.and Knocky would never get Shelvey’s accent....think you'll find he's a Londoner, not a Geordie ?

back on subject, think there will be a fair few 'fringe' internationals after game time to enhance their chances of making World Cup squads ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.and Knocky would never get Shelvey’s accent....think you'll find he's a Londoner, not a Geordie ?

back on subject, think there will be a fair few 'fringe' internationals after game time to enhance their chances of making World Cup squads ?

Dunk?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
but IMHO he's a sending off waiting to happen every match so too much of a liability.

Lot of people would have said the same about Dunk not so very long ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On radio Sussex after the match WA said Jonjo Shelvey is unhappy at Newcastle & wants to leave

No, he absolutely did not.

(some random malcontent fan, texted in, making that suggestion). WA replied that he was a good player (but a liability), and that he had NO idea whether the idea of him wanting to leave, was true.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's a complete twot and very inconsistant. If spending those wages (and then handing out massive wages to 10 other players as a result) we could do far better. Also they wouldn't want to sell to us Shirley!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd take him all day long, he is a very good passer of the ball, and I would have him in the England side over what we currently have....

But 1. He'd be too pricey, 2. I expect he would attract better interest, 3. His wages would be too much, 4. They would not sell too us.

Obviously he can be a bit of a tool at times on the pitch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On radio Sussex after the match WA said Jon for the foreseeable.jo Shelvey is unhappy at Newcastle & wants to leave, assume he has inside info as haven't seen anything elsewhere. Also said he is exactly the sort of player we need although he thought they may be unwilling to sell to us, assuming he'd even want to come.
Yes on his day he runs the midfield & has excellent passing ability but IMHO he's a sending off waiting to happen every match so too much of a liability.

Lad developed alopecia at an early age. You can bet your life he was mercilessly bullied as a kid and has been called a bald c*nt in every game he ever played. Hence his inbuilt aggression. Damn right he's a fighter! Seems like a decent bloke off the field also. Put him in midfield alongside Beram Kayal and we'd have a FEARSOME midfield as well as a class act defence. Which would only leave the piss-poor attack to be addressed. Can't keep doing that on the cheap forever. Unless the board are happy to scrub around the lower divisions for the foreseeable.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Sorry, not for me, I’d have him as captain of my 11 players I never want to see in an Albion shirt team!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Sorry, not for me, I’d have him as captain of my 11 players I never want to see in an Albion shirt team!

Zaha’s up front by the way! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ok. There is the attitude and stuff. But he is one of the best deep lying playmakers in the division. The likes of Knocky & Jose just need to run at goal into space and the ball will suddenly appear at their feet from 30 yards away. Where Dale dawdles, Shelvey pings with sublime brilliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He’d destroy the dressing room. Not good for team dynamics. Get Propper forward more. Stop using him to dig up the pitch in the middle. Get him crafting some magic in the right final third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
His wages aren't £90k a week, for goodness sake.

He's got a wand of a right foot but, in the Premier League, he's closed down before he can wave it to any great effect. He's received two of the stupidest, most pointless red cards I've seen, and both this season.

Talent vs liability is about level, but I agree with a few of you, I think it would be ridiculous to sell Shelvey to a competitor unless of course we're about to bring in a raft of talent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lot of people would have said the same about Dunk not so very long ago.

Yes but they are STILL saying it about Shelvey.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Undoubtedly talented, but equally without question is his stupidity. We need players who are disciplined, team players, prepared to do the job that they are given, and not go off freelancing when the mood takes.

It's a no from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://newcastletoons.com/2018/03/12/shelvey-newcastle-united-perfect-time/

The effort and desire that Shelvey showed throughout the afternoon was extremely impressive. The knee injury that he suffered against Bournemouth was expected to keep him out longer, but the midfielder battled back ahead of schedule.

The 26-year-old went to great lengths to ensure that he could play, even taking an injection for the pain prior to kick-off.

You'd have thought someone would wonder what was in this miracle injection?

Times and sports governance has changed somewhat since players were allowed so many 'injections' they can now no longer walk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here