Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jonjo Shelvey

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Was having a similar discussion watching Knocky yesterday.....if he played for anyone else we’d be screaming at the diving, petulant ****er. But he’s ours. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji16]

If Knocky and Shelvey were in the same side... How long before they came to blows I wonder?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Knocky and Shelvey were in the same side... How long before they came to blows I wonder?

Ages. Wouldn’t understand a word each other said. I imagine Shelvey can only understand words of one syllable spoken very slowly......and Knocky would never get Shelvey’s accent. We’ve got a couple of other obvious targets Shelvey would possibly start on first.....[emoji23][emoji23]

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Shelvey is a superb player, better and different to what we currently have. Shame he's such a prick, but would be a very good signing.

Jan 22, 2017
Not sure I believe that he isn't happy and wants to leave.

On his day he is quality and when the situation is right he is quality, for example when he came on against West Brom the game changed. However when we are on the back foot he can be a liability.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure I believe that he isn't happy and wants to leave.

On his day he is quality and when the situation is right he is quality, for example when he came on against West Brom the game changed. However when we are on the back foot he can be a liability.

Last time we played Newcastle he was the biggest threat when he came on and nearly scored straight from the corner. The bloke's a rare talent in the way that he loves to attack from so deep in his own half, a great footballer to watch. Shame he's so unlikeable.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Remember being really impressed by him as a teenager playing for Charlton in pre-season friendly at Withdean. Unfortunately, after seeing a lot more of him in the years since, I'm not so sure now.

But if CH wanted and could control him, I'm sure he would improve the team.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Remember being really impressed by him as a teenager playing for Charlton in pre-season friendly at Withdean. Unfortunately, after seeing a lot more of him in the years since, I'm not so sure now.

But if CH wanted and could control him, I'm sure he would improve the team.

Usually, the really skilful footballers with problem attitudes carry their egos with them onto the pitch but Shelvey comes across as one of the rare ones who are good team players. He even stepped in to act as peacemaker when two team-mates had a punch up. I'm not sure that the likes of Berbatov, Tevez or Ballotelli would do that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Up to CH and the recruitment team, IMHO. Good footballer, but questions over his character. I'll go with what they decide.

Also up to TB - would he smash the wage structure (or would he be prepared to take a massive pay cut)? Mind you, I would happily accept a pay 'cut' to £30K a week (I wouldn't mind £30K a year either!) - but I don't think PL footballers have such a reasonable outlook on life!

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
He’s much improved technically over his Liverpool days...but future is trending down not up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't noticed that he is creating or scoring much for Newcastle, but I have noticed he is on a big wage and likes to take a card or two.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
He is one player I hate seeing us play against as his vision and passing is excellent. We won't sign him though no way we could afford his wages

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
WA is in my option correct in highlighting what we need and it's a creative centre midfielder to give CH other options when we find games drifting away from us I think we need this more than a forward.

Is Shelvey what we need he undoubtedly is a good player with an eye for making and scoring goals has a bit of on pitch presence about him that irritates the opposition players and fans alike, he's the type of player if in your team you love and hate if not in the Oatway, El Abb sort of way

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley by being unhappy and wanting to leave (if this is true) that's the very definition of someone who isn't a Hughton kind of personality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here