Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Outraged!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Why does a thread that asks reasonable questions about a players ability provoke such outrage and traitor accusations?

What a world we live in where if you don’t agree with someone’s opinion you go straight to ten on the outrage scale.

I miss the days of reasoned debate and respect for those who don’t always share your opinion. They seem long gone now.

Shame.

Lol when were those days?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s just the anonymity of the internet. I am sure you still enjoy reasoned debate with people you know in real life. All forms of media are more interested in controversy and, as you say, outrage than they are in actual debate. It’s why I mostly resist the temptation to chip into NSC political debates these days. It’s just not worth it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its generation snow flake, I've even read on here that criticism of a player is not a good idea in case they read NSC ffs. Poor little £40k a week darlings can't handle reading they are shit after playing like schoolboy.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
ProblemIsPeople.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why does a thread that asks reasonable questions about a players ability provoke such outrage and traitor accusations?

What a world we live in where if you don’t agree with someone’s opinion you go straight to ten on the outrage scale.

I miss the days of reasoned debate and respect for those who don’t always share your opinion. They seem long gone now.

Shame.

I see your point, I think that since the Amex days have begun and the rise to headier heights has been taking place, many peoples expectations have risen to a very high level, hence some go out from their first post / reply straight to warp factor 10!!

Personally I think it is perfectly fine to give your opinions about a player (as long as it does not border on libel etc) and his ability's, and the manager, sadly some / many don't see it that way and reply as such, what does baffle me (and this does not just apply to us) but how many think that Players and in some cases the manager actually think that a player / manager is a fan / supporter of the club! its their job, how they earn a living, of course you do get the odd exception (which I am sure will be explained to me soon :lol: )

For what it is worth, I think it's wise not to fight fire with fire!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Shame.

Do one grandad

:moo:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Its generation snow flake, I've even read on here that criticism of a player is not a good idea in case they read NSC ffs. Poor little £40k a week darlings can't handle reading they are shit after playing like schoolboy.

broflake is the new snowflake now for blokes, according to some programme on tv last night.
apparently i'm a xeniall as well???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here